Used 2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

❤️
By Tammy brewster

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the truck! No problems just the paint on roof and hood is coming off i seen it on other ones as well i went to dealer ship for estamate and they said 1000 just for the roof to repaint i said it should of nit come off in the first palce because i take good care of my truck

Junk!
By SPS

2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Toyota pickup I have owned. I thought it would be a "no-brainer" to trade in my 99 for newer 08 Tacoma. Wrong! I can't really point out one specific problem because the entire vehicle has issues in almost every department. I've had valve issues, clutch issues, steering issues, suspension issues, brake, rust, fuel, electric and about 5 serious recalls. all adding up to over $5000.00 in repairs at 95,000 miles. This company is losing its grip and is probably on a landslide to bankruptcy but you wouldn't know it talking to these clowns at the dealership. They are not trained in vehicles but rather poker. They will keep a straight face while looking at this steaming pile of rust and tell you that everything is running smoothly. Like: "believe me, not your own eyes". My advice to people looking for a reliable truck would be to pass on anything that has the letters t-o-y-o-t-a on it. These trucks are junk! They may have been good in past years, but now all Toyota makes is Junk.

Tacoma Serious Issue
By Dan Pierelli

2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The frames rust through on Tacomas. Having serious trouble getting Toyota to stand by their product.

My 1st Used Toyota Tacoma
By Winston

2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2011 Silverado v8 with 31k miles on it and brought this 2008 used Tacoma (4 cylinder 2.7). I drove it off the lot with 42k miles. I love this little basic truck, it's comfortable for my 6'1 350lb frame. I brought it to drive back and forth to work (40 miles round trip) and to fool around on the weekends. I barely use my other truck at home. I'm sure I'll get 300k miles out of this truck. It's fun and basic and easy on your wallet at the gas pump. I get about 23 mpg on the highway which is better then my Silverado. Perfect little truck! As of 11/2017 I no longer own the Tacoma. It still was a great truck up until I traded it in on a 2012 Toyota Prius V. Saving a lot more on gas, can’t beat 40+ mpg.

not happy/08 tacoma
By Randy Bly

2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck,but toyota won't fix the rear springs in the truck till they brake.call the 1-800 number and received a letter about the springs.they know it's a problem but will not do anything about it.Had a recall on the frame because of rust,it's was painted by toyota.I have had like 4 things that were recalled by toyota .but not the rear springs.not sure what my next truck will be.

Put 4 leaf springs in the tacoma's not3