Used 2003 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

King of all minivans-Better than honda, even
By shane

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

"Ive owned several minivans in my time, a mercury villager, an Oldsmobile Silhouette and a Chrysler Town and Country. I will say there previous vans listed were all more stylish but the Sienna is hands down the winner when it comes to reliability. I bought the car used and for being 15 years old it runs excellent, for its both quiet and durable. We recently had a huge winter storm with temps plummeting far below zero and my van started up every single time when I had neighbors with newer cars with no such luck! Im amazed at how quiet the engine is for its age, also. The interior/exterior have also held up very well over the years but the one minor issue I have would be the door handles which are prone to break on this particular model. Currently, my passenger side handle is on the verge of coming off and the back drivers sliding door came off altogether and is currently glued on. But that is minor league stuff compared to the major drive train issues I experienced with my previous vans from different brands. As other reviewers have stated, change the oil in this one and use synthetic and you shouldn't have a sludge problem. This van also handles a bit more like an SUV or larger vehicle and not so much like a car. Its fabulous in snow and even did fine with the ice. No complaints. LOVE and I think I shall keep it as long as I can. Def. a Toyota fan for life! I cant name a single car after so many years that has held up so well. If you're looking for quality look no further! Also--one last note, if you are looking for a van from this era I would avoid the Odyssey for transmission issues!

Love it!!
By beloved06vibe

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van (CE) used with 108,000 miles on it. The ride is smooth and the handling is very car-like. I took it to my mechanic who said the van is in great shape for a 9-year-old. He suggested I get a new timing belt, a tune-up and a coolant flush, and I'll probably get another 100k out of it! Great purchase!

Total disappointment
By bjarrette

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Sienna used from dealer, was really excited since I owned a Camry before and loved the quality, first year engine light came on had to change something in emission system, cost me over $400, year later engine light came on again this time rear airfuel ratio sensor, down stream oxygen sensor and lower catalytic converter $1197.62, I bought this mini van because I trusted the toyota brand, total disappointment, next time Honda.

Great Van that Keeps on Running
By tfisch100

2003 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van at the end of the 2003 model because we liked the interior better than the newer 2004 model that was being sold.
We've put 144,000 niles on it and see no reason to buy something new.
The repair history has been great.
We've used it to transport soccer teams, drywall, furniture and babies. We installed a 2 inch receivr on the rear and use it to tow light trailers on a regular basis.

Great engine pickup and performance.

8.5 yr. review
By hborgaonkar

2003 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 8.5 yrs and 87000
miles the van has been very reliable. apart from regular maintainance, we haven't done anything to it. we did a 3000 mile trip west with 7 people last summer and got 35 mpg. apart from a rust spot on the right door, the van looks new inside out. My wife told me that when we are ready replace it, we will get another Sienna.

smooth and powerful engine, functional interior, good safety features, good breaking

I guess after 8.5 yrs the world has changed.