Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Who need a Huge SUV?

New Toyota Owner, 03/07/2002

This has been a great purchase. There is plenty of room inside. Shortly after purchasing the car, I loaded up my wife, two kids, a cocker spaniel, a llasa apso and a rabbit and set off on a 750 mile trip for Christmas at Grandma's. The RAV4 handled the roof top carrier much better than the Olds Bravada I had had before. I never felt as though the RAV4 was unstable. Even loaded down I managed 27 mpg.

Great Fun and Works for my Business

Weaselboy, 03/10/2002

Bought the RAV4 as a work vehicle and it has performed outstanding. Gets the attention I like and the work done. Everyone in the office loves it. The roof rack rattles a bit and the brakes squeal sometimes when stopping ( they are not worn either). Other than that no problems and the ones listed are minor and intermittent.

fun

skepticboy, 03/12/2002

nice cheap cool

Great around-town car!

pcd, 03/13/2002

I've had my all wheel drive RAV4 for one year now. Only problem I had was a check engine light came on once, took it in to the dealership and it was corrected (nothing serious). It is a great car for errands, city driving and shorter trips. I've taken it on one long trip and wished it had an 8-way power adjustable seat with more support, and more insulation against road noise. No complaints about interior rattles except for the lock on the glove box, sometimes buzzes.

Gas Hog

Gail Delia, 06/22/2003

For a 4 cylinder AWD and as light as this vehicle is it stinks on gas mileage. We get 17 miles/gal around town. Ugh. The CRV we had got 24 around town and it was a 6 cylinder AWD It doesn't hold it's value. We leased it, we have 5,500 mile son it and to buy out the lease is still $23,000...more than a brand new one. Don't buy one.

Shocks & Struts need replacing

redwards, 03/21/2002

It is a value-priced auto.

Unsurpassed Quality

coda1970, 03/25/2002

Well optioned 4x4, L package, power door locks/windows/moonroof. Looks very sporty, recieved several compliments. I bought it for the wife, I wasn't fond of cute-utes. Fell in love with it after first 100 miles. Unbelievably stable, even in 35 mile cross winds.

YOu Love it Or you hate it.

GEORGES, 04/02/2002

I have nothing to say about this car ...power is adequate and handling is great....But options are very expensive. Good SUV

Good value & fun to dive

jscottj, 06/30/2019
2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used at 98k miles. New transmission & ECM @ 120k miles, $7k. New suspension units & bushings @ 310k miles, can't really tell the difference. New alternator @ 340k miles, $0.4k. Love this car's size and utility. Biggest complaint: interior noise level.

Still running like new

Rav4 best car that can keep , 09/22/2019
2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am second owner of rav4 . It had 213,000 miles of car. I know it old car but still run like champion. I did not have big plm . I just did on time oil change and turn up . The most like about car 5 speed Manuel and save a lot of gas saver. I won't sell it until u die .

51050