2017 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

As advertised
By Wayne

2017 Toyota Prius v Four 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Solid comfortable high mpg car with tremendous cargo vesatility. Well equipped. Styling of exterior is a cross between an old Italian sports car and a Mack truck. This my third Prius. My 7th Toyota.

Great value wagon - scale down version of mini-van
By Jonathan M

2017 Toyota Prius v Four 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are looking for a scale down version of mini-van with great mpg, this is the one for you. It's very comfortable for short and long trips.

My Review of my third Prius V
By Jere Key

2017 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Prius V is a versatile car with good fuel economy. We haul a lot of stuff occasionally. It is amazing what will fit into this car. I like the new driver assist features, lane warning, automatic headlamps, and the front accident avoidance system while in cruise control. Toyota should put their new hybrid power train in the V. The car so needs backup warning sensors, blind spot warning system, turn signal lights on the mirrors and a full time frontal crash avoidance system.

Everything but the radio!
By Larry Misfeldt

2017 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the Prius V except for the Infotainment center. It randomly goes blank, stops playing and resets itself. On a recent trip (80 miles) it reset itself 4 times in a little over an hour. If I'm using the built-in GPS, its quite annoying. I haven't taken it in for service because it is random and seems to work well for quite some time. This morning I using the radio and discovered I had no control over it. I couldn't lower the volume, change stations or even turn it off. The only cure would be to pull over and turn the engine off and then hopefully it would reset itself. I have never had so much trouble with a radio. But like I said except for that annoyance I have enjoyed the car.

Step Down from 2007 Prius
By Jim

2017 Toyota Prius v Four 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved my first Prius, a 2007 (I think a level 3 option package - no nav, single CD, etc). The interior package of my 2017 V (level 4) seems to have been designed by first year interns.

Prime cup holder don't hold 90% of the travel cups I have or have seen. The power outlets went from 3 easily accessible from the front seat to two; one of which is in the back of the cargo area and not accessible at all by any normal human while riding in the vehicle. The tonneau cover is a bit oddly placed so that one needs to attach a flap to the back seats if it is to cover the whole area; problem is that the attachment only works if those seats are in a slightly reclined position. The straps are solid; guess they hadn't heard of elastic. The miles per gallon on the standard odometer setting is bizzare; constantly going up and down and in no apparent logical way. The readings on the trip meter work fine but the main odometer reading is useless. Oh, and the toggle to go from MPH to KM/H has been standard equipment on most vehicles since the 70s; guess it's no longer needed because it simply isn't there, although there appears to be a place for it. What, you have to go to the highest trim package for that? Or is it some other special option? The navigation system is just OK. My 10 year Garmin was better. This one thinks I'm off road, I guess, unless I'm zoomed in so far it only shows the next 1/4 mile of map. Not exactly handy. (Though I really like the display on the speedometer that tells me what street I'm on.) It also doesn't display the options I've asked for, like speed limit, unless I only have the map displayed (and sometimes not then), and of course, there's no option to have that as the primary display; you have to have something else displayed also as the default. Several other odd "design features" as well. None are complete deal breakers but very disappointing. (Oh, and what's with that backup signal? Not new but NO ONE else has it apparently since everyone who has ridden in my Priuses (just what is the plural?) has ever encountered such a signal that can be heard ONLY inside the vehicle.)
Radio is Sirius but that service is of NO use to me, offering only a couple of stations I'd listen to, but I have local ones for those genres. Reception quality is the worst I've had in a radio for at least 28 years (since I've lived in current location). Never had static before, now have it all the time in my location.