Used 2003 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews

Used Celica for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Cool....

hercules00, 07/10/2005
GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.

Great Car Until It Started Over heating

ton1974, 07/06/2015
GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Celicas. My 2003 GTS always had issues with heating the car in the winter. I about froze to death if I had to drive it in the winter. Never found out why it did that. I had the 2003 for 4 years and overall was a great car UNTIL I hit the 95,000 mile mark then the over heating started. I had a thermostat put on it, bleed the radiator etc. And it still would over heat. I finally traded it in. I was disappointed at the end. I would of kept the car longer if the over heating issues was not happening. Sad day when I traded it in.

Good Celica

Zero, 09/13/2002
GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

great car all around needs one impovement which is better seats

flgirl1, 07/27/2009
GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have purchased many cars in my lifetime, but I must say that I really like this car. It has a good sound system, and is very sporty. I am always receiving compliments on it even though it is 6 years old! I am single, so I wasn't the least bit concerned about a 4 door. It is very economical and I fill up my tank way less than previously. All in all, I couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

A legend for the price of a lemon!

Saketh Reddy Velapati, 02/12/2019
GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Someone said to me, "It is not a 'T' on the hood; on our planet, it is the symbol of reliability!" I obey, even though this is my first Toyota (not the last one for sure). I don't understand why other manufacturers try, but fail in producing such reliable engines as these. Because, it's not just aluminium, steel and rubber put together and fed fuel. It's about learning from your previous mistakes. As for the 03 Celica GT, I bought that in 2018, from a rather uncaring owner, who forgot to do oil changes - since 3 years. Oh and never did know about the coolant. If it was some Chevy, Pontiac or Dodge - it would've been dead long ago. Even on a frigid snowy day, it starts like a champ! never leaked a fluid, never stalled, never ever left me stranded! It's rather petite engine is good enough for a FWD coupe and somehow feels peppy. The lack of ABS, Traction control, stability control and many other quirks put the car's path in your own hands, but if learned to do so, you can survive a blizzard every day. 15 years later, the exhaust still shines like a polished knife, and you'd have to drill a hole in the chassis to let it rust. The only problem I've had till now is the blend door being faulty on driver side, only blowing hot air to the passenger, and some water leak from the tail gate. But nothing stopped me on the side of a road, nothing else made me hate this car even a tiniest bit! In short, this is the aluminium version of a bulletproof engine! Buy the models after 2003 to avoid the oil consumption issues. Take care of it, and it will save you!

12345...16