2017 Tesla Model 3 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Model 3 model:

Skeptics—drive a Tesla 3 and see the future
By John Schreiber

2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

After two years my AWD long range Tesla 3 arrived. I’ve read the articles, watched the stock, seen the tweets, and I will admit that my enthusiasm had waned. I drove from Milwaukee to the Chicago suburbs to pick it up. Oh ye of little faith! Fit and finish perfect. The car drives like a high end sports car. Torque, acceleration steering OMG. I could pass every car on the toad with ease, and flooring it left my head in the head rest and a grin on my face. The electronics are game changers. Although initially distracting, the iPad type controller just like an iPhone becomes familiar quickly and much less problematic. The 300 mile range made the 1.5 hour drive back to Milwaukee stress free with plenty of juice to spare. I drove by gas stations thinking why would I ever buy an internal combustion engine car again. The car is highly interfaced to your iPhone for entrance, exit, remote controlling you name it. When I left it at the airport at an EV charging station I could watch the charging on my phone with full color car and battery icons from 500 miles away. This is the first car in many years that makes me eager to get in and drive. Elon Musk has created a bright future for the auto industry and a car that is thrilling to have. If one could cross a corvette with an iPhone the result would be a Tesla. Whether the company could be run better or not Musk has shown the world that electric cars can meet and far exceed the experience and utility of today’s gas driven cars.

Amazing
By Susham Modi

2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

This car is the future, love not only the tech with self driving like features on the highway, self parking and summoning the car but driving it is also ridiculously fun and makes you not want to use the self driving features. I had a Porsche before this and this 4 door car is both faster and somehow more agile. It’s a beautiful piece of work product.

Best Car I've Owned. Ever!
By Dukey

2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Best Car I've Owned. Ever!

Best Electric Car yet
By George Hawley

2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

First, the Edmund’s review has errors: car charges 173 miles in 30 minutes, not 137. 2nd, seats are not leather.

The Model 3 is the best Tesla car to date in terms of the quality of the delivered car and it’s worthiness on road trips. Our car was every bit as well put together as a high end German or Japanese luxury car. It is more aerodynamic than the Model S and 20% lighter. The drive unit in the rear wheel drive version is about 10% more efficient than those in the S. As a result, the 75 kwh Model 3 has the same EPA-rated range of 334 miles as the 100 kwh Model S (not the 310 that Tesla advertises). But, because it achieves this with a 25% smaller battery, its charge time is proportionately shorter. Put these together and you can get from point A to point B about 20% faster than with a Model S. This with a nice car that costs about 30% less! Battery powered cars have truly arrived.

Awesome car