Used 2010 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great Value Buying Used
By kreg

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 XB in June 2017 with 50,000 miles. I have put 15,000 miles on in about 6 months. I average 23.7 around town and 29+ on the highway trips. The Computer (mpg; speedo) is off approximately 7% registering to high. I have maintained the oem tire size and standard steel rims. I removed the front bumper cover and straightened out the air pick up and installed a screen where the fog lights would be and the car breathes much better. This is a great no frills mid sized car. Very versatile in use and hauling. As others mentioned the drivers side only arm rest is a joke. I removed the arm rest and installed a console from a 2011-2015 and the problem is almost solved. (you must reuse your ipod/aux cable and route to the center console). The console (aux/usb) is not an elegant solution but the arm rest console is perfect (5'10") . Great car for the money used. Typical toyota reliability.

Fun, fun, fun
By ripdaddy

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 800 miles on my pre-owned 2010 XB I have found it to be an economical and fun car to drive. A recent 500 mile road trip returned 34.5 mpg on an interstate over the rolling hills of N. Missouri. Cruise control was set for 66 mph. The second half of the trip was on US and state highways using very little cruise control. Even with passing through small towns and some hilly, winding roads I got 35.6 mpg average. An overdrive 6th gear would work great on this car. The torquey 2.4 Camry engine pulls easily from 2000 rpm up.
Update: 17000 miles later it continues to be a fun car to drive. There has been 0 expenses other than normal maintenance.

We love our xB!
By doug148

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased it 40,000 miles and three years ago.
To date, our only expense has been an oil/filter change every 3k.
As our grandchildren say: It look so small on outside, but it's so roomy on the inside.
Handles great in wind and even in snow (as long as it's under 6" in depth)-- very stable.
Delivers gas mileage far in excess of the EPA rating-- 28 mpg overall.
Quality thru-out-- made in Japan.
Amazing storage and flexibility.
Powerful, smooth, quiet Camry engine.
No rattles and noises.
Is it a SUV, a hatchback, a station wagon, or a sports sedan?
It has elements of all those.
This car is underpriced by about $5,000, thus a bargain.

Engine power, build quality, interior room, passenger comfort.

Love my "mini UPS truck"
By tony181

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2010 XB has been almost exactly the vehicle that meets my needs. My wife's car is a 2009 Camry SE. Have owned for 2.5 years (19,000 miles). Comfortable, roomy vehicle for around the town driving (I am 6'2"). Had a problem with comfortable driving position-adding lumbar solved that problem. Fun
to drive & handles great-I added sway bar. Lots of power.

Cargo capacity tremendous for size vehicle. Wish interior was a bit nicer-no padding on door armrests among other such items.

Cargo capacity. Lots of room for me. Handles very well with lots of power.

Nicer interior options. Add lumbar control. 6 speed automatic (improve gas mileage)

Great car
By kevininstl

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2010 xB in August of 2009.
Since then, I've put almost 35,000 miles on it.
This includes a daily commute of 30+ miles each way.
Also longer trips of 250 miles and one of about 1,000 miles.
Everything has been just as I thought it would be and that's a good thing.
I avg about 27 MPG and can get over 30 in the right conditions.
The car is comfy and has all of the reasonable things standard.
The cargo space is very good for a car its size.
It's much larger on the inside than it looks on the outside.
Best of all is it's reliability.
I'm this far in and the only time I took it to the dealer it turned out the burning smell was from a plastic bag caught on the muffler. :)

Reliability! Unique exterior. Comfortable. Good fuel economy.

The worst thing I can say about this car is that it's gas tank is too small for my liking. But that probably has to do more with how far I drive daily. I get about 300-350 miles to the tank so I'm filling up more than once a week. Anyway, if that's the worst thing I have to say, I figure I'm ok.