Used 2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Piece Of Crap
By MylesRodgers

2001 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

Do not buy this car. These cars are crap. I've had 2 Saturns so far, and I will NEVER buy another one. They ride like crap, sound like crap, and are as slow as crap. They look cool though.

I really enjoy it when my car starts and runs for a day without any problems. Rarely happens though.

Change everything.

Love my little car!
By Shannon

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This car just goes and goes. I have been lax on maintenance and still have had NO major or even minor problems to speak of. I cannot say enough about my car! It is not a car for everyone - it does not fit large or tall people comfortably. Obviously it is a small car that doesn't haul a lot of stuff. But I have used it as our primary family vehicle, hauling baby gear and a car seat, and it does great.

Reliability, reliability, reliability. It's cute and gets good mileage. Dent-proof body is a godsend!

Bring back Saturn! We wanted to buy another Saturn and are so disappointed they are gone.

Best little car I ever owned
By Saturn Mourner

2001 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in November of 2000. No frills, wouldn't be comfortable for a big guy (I am 5'8), but I could not have been happier with a small car. For seven full years the car was entirely problem free, regular maintenance was only expenditure. In the last couple of years I have changed a transmission sensor, the radiator fan, and done brake jobs and a new battery and tires - but it keeps on ticking. The car is driven in Chicago, gets good mileage, is fun to drive on road trips. I really am bummed about the death of Saturn. The concept made car ownership easy, and the vehicle has been a great little pal. I would get another of these in a flash, but alas, no more. Yeah, RIP Saturn.

Very reliable and fun to drive. Excellent AC and heat system, gret mileage. Cute, no frills, basic little car.

Uh, ressurection from the grave for Saturn?

By hutch

2001 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

As our family has grown I am researching other cars. I have spent very little to maintain this car. Probably 1,000 or less and just crossed the 100k mark (not including the oil changes). I drove this off the lot and have taken good care of it.

low maintenance cost, dealership was quick to honor the warranty.

It is a loud and bumpy ride. Seems to have some transmission trouble, but nothing major. Long trips are a bit tight.

Great for travel & safety
By legitwhit

2001 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This was my third car & second Saturn. In the past year I have driven over 30,000 miles on a modest budget & have been able to do so comfortably with the fuel efficiency and reliability of this car. In the five years I have owned the car I have had routine maintenance done on a regular basis & replaced the battery one time. The power locks were sticking just before I lost the car but no other major problems. I had a head-on accident that could have been very serious but I walked away without injury, which is without a doubt due partially to the superior safety standards of Saturn. I'll miss that car, & I'm struggling to find a replacement as safe, affordable, reliable & fuel efficient!

fuel efficient, great gas mileage, safe, reliable

If Saturn were still in business and able to improve on this car, my only suggestions would have been to make it more comfortable inside (I felt like I was sitting on the road & passengers had little extra room.) & have more stow-away space.