Used 2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Promaster Cargo Van model:

Best option out there
By Andy

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van 2500 High Roof 3dr Van w/159" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Most of the complaints people have about this vehicle (low beams, doors, etc) are so darn easy to fix permenantly that they should not discourage anyone considering a cargo van. I replaced the low beams with LED bulbs for <$50 off Amazon and have been using them for 2 years now without a single issue. The door side door latch is a bit more complicated to fix but still like a 20 min job, once. Why would you ever write off 1 of 3 real options for simple fixes that take less than an hour ONCE to fix. Otherwise, the vehicle isn't perfect (much like every other car on the road) but does everything it needs to do when you need it to do it. The pros most certainly outweigh the cons here, leaving you with the superior cargo van.

Guess I got the good one!
By Canine wrangler

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van 2500 High Roof 3dr Van w/136" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2500 Hightop diesel. 21,000 miles. Converted to camper. Unlike other reviewers, I have not replaced a single light. The transmission has s built in clutch which takes a bit of practice to master. I always use the manual shift option while in the city. Twice I almost got into an accident when the engine and transmission stumbled when in drive mode. Once, when crawling through an intersection then punching the accelerator to avoid an accident..the van stalled. Second time I slammed on my brakes when someone almost hit me in an intersection. The transmission got confused and stalled. Recall on ignition switch and trailer hitch wiring. Silver van, extremely poor paint job. Repainted entire passenger side under warranty. Dealership took off moldings and put them back on using same two face tape. Moldings were flapping in the wind by the time I got home. Went back and they did it right. Brakes squeal. Took it to dealership and they told me you have to ride them hard a few times to get the dust off them. Total idiots! Aside from the noise , they work great. I don’t care for the plastic nose and grill. Already it’s fading after 3 years. Ram should have painted them instead of trying to pocket a few bucks.Positive qualities.. I like the way the van handles. Seats are comfortable and the dash layout is simple and effective. Bluetooth is great.. Synchs up with my phone and streams music with no fuss. Diesel is torquey and flies up hills. Averaging 26 mpg. No loose bolts, doors don’t sag, antifreeze doesn’t leak. No rust.

Travato Upfit of 3500EXT, wonderful
By Dan

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van 3500 High Roof 3dr Van w/Extended Length (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We put over 51,000 miles on our Travato (2016 Winnebago model year, 2015 ProMaster chassis). Not a single chassis issue. Replaced the OEM tires at 39K miles before an extended trip. Brakes still fine at 51K. Traded for a newer Travato (2019 Winnebago, 2018 ProMaster chassis).

BAD BAD BAD Outweighs the Good
By pro99ers@gmail.com

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van 1500 Low Roof 3dr Van w/136" Wheelbase (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own 4 of these. We have changed 60 Lowbeam Headlights since I purchased my 1st in 2014. Dealer would not cover the headlights under Warranty. Dealer Charged $85 for the installed Replacement Bulb. Actually a 15 minute job & $7.50 Bulb. 2 of 4 radios stopped working. Had 2 Blower Control Modules Go. Brake Pads were Originally $400 for PADs Only.. NO LABOR. All of the Cargo Access Doors have issues, they will either not open, can't lock or won't latch shut. There are a number of Torx Bolts holding the latches to back door hardware in place. All side door "Plastic Straps" have broken so we need to rig "Pull Strings" to unlatch doors They Vibrate Loose & Fall out.. Back doors have swung open while on the interstate! Ram has created a monopoly by setting up only 2 Dealers in the Pittsburgh area so parts r often not available & always VERY EXPENSIVE. The Torx bolts were $9 Each & Were Out of Stock. The good news is Front Wheel Drive Great In Snow, has more Cargo Space than the Ford Transit we have purchased to Replace Promasters. Finally, WHY IS THERE NO CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR THE LOWBEAM HEADLIGHTS. Every other Promaster u see on Road will have Burnt Out Headlight.

El RamO stay in Mexico!!! Total trash!
By Enlightened

2015 Ram Promaster Cargo Van 1500 High Roof 3dr Van (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As for the couple of people who put reviews here that say this van has any redeeming qualities you should be ashamed of yourself! Especially the guy in Texas that says he's had his for 3 years with not one problem. Are you kidding me? Who do you expect to believe that certainly not anyone that has a Ram ProMaster. Because anyone that has a Ram ProMaster knows it is a total piece of junk with so many problems you can't even list them all. My transmission went out at 1700 miles.!! Thats SEVENTEEN hundred miles. Bolts were falling out of the car, water came in through the doors, the electrical system, and the guys at the ram service centers all take a deep breath every time another ProMaster pulls on to the lot for repairs. There has never been a vehicle that has been put together and designed so poorly with absolutely no consideration to the American consumers or people that might have been faithful and loyal to the Ram brand. I lost my butt on buying this piece of junk but the lesson learned was worth my loss. I will never buy a ram or any other FCA made in Mexico piece of junk again ever.!