Used 2014 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche Cayman Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayman model:

Best Bang for the Buck
By Tom Markovich

2014 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Personal background: I have owned 35 cars; six Porsche, three of which were/are Cayman. My 2014 S has done everything asked of the car and with grace and style. Twenty four track days, 32 drag racing nights (for which twelve trophys were awarded), 18,000 miles (total 25,000 since I am the second owner) and not one issue, nothing. The leg room, utility and oneness with the driving position exceeds all other cars I have owned or test driven. While I have tried to find a replacement (the usual suspects up to $110,000), none have provided this joy of driving. All cars have a cost to properly maintain with more expensive ones more than less expensive. By being selective on who works on the car, these costs can be controlled. The miles of smiles with this car have been priceless.

Pure Perfection
By Tbirdszz

The best Porsche

Hell of Ride. Worth the bucks Cayman S is best
By Marcus Schaefer

2014 Porsche Cayman S 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Electronics can be challenging but dealer is helpful. Get the Cayman S, less than 325 hp might disappoint.

Superb vehicle
By Whirld Traveller

This is my 3rd 718 and it won't be be my last

Remarkable car...
By Chris L.

2014 Porsche Cayman 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

First, I am an engineer in the world of transportation, mostly left brained with appreciation of art and music, hyper critical of all things automotive and not prone to hyperbole. This all started with a 2007 Cayman. In 56000 miles the car never broke once, nothing. One headlight bulb burned out and the batteries in the wheel sensors went to sleep. No leaks, no oil consumption, original brakes, 1.5 sets of tires. The car kept running while driving through the full force of a hurricane in Texas. Tractor trailers pulling doubles, carrying giant windmill blades totally buried the car with tire wash several times, the car never noticed, it managed "as bad as it gets" with grace and control, flawless. My faith in Porsche is rock solid. The 2014 Cayman; driving back from Lake Tahoe, pull off into a Porsche dealer and sit in a 2016 Cayman, it has me at Hello. Can't afford new, but CPO solves the problem with an anthracite brown, base 2014, with tan interior and 9600 miles on the odometer. Dealer research (not CARFAX) shows 3 software updates, no service problems, wrote a check, car is mine. This car is unbelievable, not an engineering term. It spent 2 winters in New York State. The car is flawless. Handling, motor, PCM, comfort, climate control, lighting, PDK etc., flawless. I learned to fly years ago, this is better. History puts 7 BMW sedans in my driveway, so far this is better. The car knows what I expect from it, before I ask. Not a car word, but the experience is "personal", balanced, involving. It's more like you wear the car then drive the car. My hope is the 2014 can live up to the delivery of the 2007. Time will tell the story, but for now "remarkable" fits best.

In the end I sold this remarkable car. The emotional burden every time I left the car parked somewhere and the thought of something happening to it was not worth it. I know of more than one person who has taken the same path. The car was resold in less than 12 hours. I wanted to purchase a Porsche SUV, but could not afford it.

As a final comment, I believe Porsche will live to regret moving the Cayman to 4 cylinders.