Used 2004 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Oldsmobile Alero

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

Family Car
By aldhur

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For the price we paid, this is a wonderful family car. There is more than enough trunk space to carry our baby stroller and a full cart of groceries. Gas mileage is decent: we average between 20-25 MPG.

-Large trunk -Can fit in smaller parking spots -Easy to maintain -Good gas mileage

-Better stock suspension -More cushion for back seat -Better quality of interior material

Unlikely to Recommend
By Lucky

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Alero v6 4 door. Let me put it this way, I have had the car for 6 years and there is a new problem every time I turn around. I have had the brakes and rotors replaced 3 times. The wiring harness behind the steering wheel was replaced once and needs to be replaced again. This car is a magnet for old people to hit. Now my car wont start. This has to be the worst car I have had. General maintenance isn't doing anything for this car.

CD player, electronic seats

Can't improve when car isn't made anymore.

An excellent automobile
By TERRIFIC

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Alero. It has the 4 cylinder redesigned engine and I could not want more. The ride is very comfortable and the highway driving is exceptional. It hugs the road and "drives itself." I've never had a better steering car. GM got it right with steering ratio, turning effort, return, etc. its the best. Low noise level at highway speed is exceptional. NO wind noise. All around a great car. Also,factory speakers sound great, no need to upgrade.

Steering. 4 cylinder engine performance. ride comfort and quietness.

Interior design and colors.

Great Ride
By Ethan

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

we bought this car with around 15,000 miles on it, and there is now around 96,000 on it, and the only thing i have ever had to do to it is have the passlock replaced and brakes, never one single problem with this car ever. this has to be one of the most reliable, bang for the buck, i have ever purchaced. i have even put on a magnaflow cat back and a K&N intake on it and watched the MPG rise even higher, on high way i can manage over 30+ mpg and i even have a V-6 and over 200hp now. if your in the market for a great car and by the years passing pretty cheap now. jump on it. im 26 and this is my 15th car and best one to date for reliability.

fun peppy car handles great (not like my solstice) for a 4 door

5 speed with the V-6

The performance is horrible!
By oklahoma man

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice car. However, the performance stinks! It takes forever for the the throttle response to kick in. It's like they took this heavy car and put a go cart engine in it! It's loud but not powerful at all! Barley gets up to speed on the highway. I tried to go around a Sunfire and couldnt even do it! But every time I turn the key I know it will start. Oh and the handling is terrible too. And they dont make any performance or upgrades for this car! Nothing!

Very reliable!

Put a more powerful engine in this heavy beast!