Used 2013 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

What a pleasant surprise!
By 77 going on 45

2013 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A senior, 77, looking for the right mix of comfort, convenience, utility & economy with less gadgetry than most; the xTerra turned out to be a perfect combo. A retired vet, my first ever non US car, totally impressed and sorry to say, shame on US car mfgrs.

Terrible vehicle, would not recommend
By Joe

2013 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased to replace my 2004 Discovery. Only good thing I can say about is it looks cool. Worst handling in snow I've ever experienced. Nissan dealership in Aurora, Co was overpriced. Definitely got ripped off on this certified POS. Do yourself a favor and spend the money to get a 4Runner. Interior is uncomfortable, seats feel cheap and flat, lots of creeks and vibrations from parts that sound like they're about to fail, but are certified "good" by mechanic. Absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned. Will never consider a Nissan again.

Donald Scott
By Donald J.Scott

2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use to own a 2002 it was nice until it got stolen miss my baby blue now i am trying to get anther i really in joy them great on gas an easy to handel.

This is one great car!!
By Gary tate

2013 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not sure what happened to the vehicle in the review that went thru the car wash but this is my second XTerra.
First one 2001 and I put 165,000 miles on it in 10 years...the only major repair exhaust manifold ($750) and a clutch slave repair ($500)
In Nov 2014 because I heard Nissan was going to eliminate the XTerra I bought a new one - v6 6-speed manual transmission.
This thing has sports car performance - speed limit in Colorado is 75...you can downshift from 6th to 5th at 75 with no problems.
Off-road and in the snow an XTerra competes with the best of them.
I now have 32k on it with no repairs, no maintenance other than oil changes.
Solid road car which we drive from Denver to Santa Fe and Taos about twice a year including a long trip to Arkansas.
Gas mileage where additives are not present (OK, AR, etc) gets 22-24.

2008 Xterra Experience
By suzuski

2013 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought an 18' runabout w/ trailer so traded-in a 2004 RAV4 for a used (14kmi) Xterra in 2008. Couldn't be happier. Plenty of power and tows very well. Mileage? Average 19mpg with 16 the lowest and 24 the highest. Very practical load carrying. RAV4 very noisy. When I rep laced the tires I didn't care about longevity and asked for the quietest tires available. The Xterra has very little road noise. Interior is basic with little gingerbread, thus no trim to fall off or rattle. I'm a Zen kind of guy and wish to keep things simple. There is only 63000 miles on it but when it comes time to buy a new car I'll seriously consider another Xterra (assuming Nissan stills builds them).
Sold the Xterra in August of 2017 and immediately regretted it but after over 8 years of ownership it was time. It had just over 100k miles on it. Excellent exterior finish and the durable interior fabrics were close to new. Even though Nissan no longer produces them I still briefly considered buying a later model, but chose instead to buy a new car of another make. The Xterra was just the right car for me at the time and would buy one again under the same circumstances.