Used 2016 Nissan Versa Note Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Versa Note Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa Note model:

Second Versa is Second to None!
By James Reyome

2016 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

First off, you probably should know that this is our second Versa. We really like the model...it is, it seems, as close to our ideal vehicle as exists today. Sure, we wouldn't mind some cavernous SUV but the fact is that we can't afford it, and with gas getting dearer and dearer still we appreciate the economy of a well built "misermobile". We bought the first used as well and have put 140K miles on it (so far...it's still running well!) but we were ready to get another, thus the 2016 Versa Note SV. We purchased this one via Enterprise Car Sales and I cannot say enough about the buying experience...first rate all the way; great price, wonderful vehicle, just what we were looking for, and with pre-arranged financing through our credit union we were in and out of the dealership in well under an hour. Now, as to the car...first things first, it's not a race car, so take reviews from sites like Car and Driver and Motor Trend and their ilk with a VERY large grain of salt. The Versa Note is a commuter car, and it does that job exceedingly well. It rides well, has a quiet, roomy cabin (I am 6' 3" and fit fine both in the back seat and behind the wheel) and everything is laid out logically. The SV package includes just about every electronic widget you could possibly desire sans navigation, but that's why I have an iPhone and a GPS. The backup camera is a nice touch but with so many enormous windows it isn't wholly necessary. It's nice to have, though. The body style is a significant upgrade from the rather shoe-like boxiness of the 2011 Versa we own, and is very pleasing to look at. The cargo space is remarkable with the rear seats folded down (my bicycle fits just fine, thank you!) and the Divide-n-Hide storage is a neat feature that gives you a nice flat floor with a nifty hiding place beneath. Every car should have this sort of thing! As to the driving, I enjoy the CVT personally though I can understand why drivers who prefer more input might desire a five or six speed. I certainly can't argue with the results though...my average gas mileage has been a jaw-dropping 41.5 mpg in combined highway and local driving. Seriously. I watch this stuff carefully (with my budget I have to) and this is not just accurate, it's spot-on. Those are near hybrid numbers, at what, a half of the cost? A third? Remarkable! Mind you, I drive with a balloon foot mostly, but hey, I stay out of the way and don't slow anybody else down. I bet I could speed up a bit with little loss in mileage, but I'd rather be kind to the car. The small fuel tank probably helps too, holding about 2.5 gallons less than the 2011 Versa. Less gas, less weight. Less range too, you would think, but at 41.5 mpg you're talking 450 miles per tank, and that's more than the 2011 ever got. The steering is precise on the road but remarkably light in the parking lot...nothing to complain about there. The car mags all note the supposedly gutless engine, but hey, it gets me up to speed just fine and I don't have any problem keeping up. So far as costs go, apart from gas, regular oil changes, and rotating tires, the Versa would be frugal on that score too. In the summing up, as a used vehicle, fleet or otherwise, the Versa Note is a remarkable bargain, proof that you don't have to give up much to gain a lot of value. I expect to be driving it for many years to come.

Underrated
By steven

2016 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is exactly as it is reliable and great on gas!

Good basic value
By Peterson

Good value.

This car is underrated
By Cody Hansen

2016 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my not for close to a year now and as a college student who just needs to get from point A to B it is a very good car. No, the car is not any high performance vehicle with all the bells and whistles but it is affordable. I had test driven the same car with the CVT transmission and was very disappointed but I do like my 5-speed manual very much. The manual version is much peppier than the CVT counterpart and has no problem getting up to 70mph when getting on the highway. It was my first manual car and was very easy to drive and continues to get better the more the vehicle breaks in. I would say that giving this car a low rating is unfair if it is based off of interior design alone because it is not meant to be a luxury car. For what it is, the car is very nice and I will continue to say that so long as I own it.

I love my little Versa!
By peg tassey

2016 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

It's amazing on gas, and it's zippy! I feel like I'm in my own little personal travel pod, but I'm tall and not skinny, and I have plenty of room. Very comfy seats. It's a cute little car, and I'm very happy with it!
You asked me to "update" my review...I STILL love my car! The only little thing is that it's not good on really snowy roads, even with studded snow tires. Bit that's ok! My hubby has a truck we can use for those days. I'd still buy another Versa Note hatchback in a heartbeat!