Used 2014 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Reliable & What Comfort!
By R. Middlemas

2014 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this auto as a dealer loaner, with about 10,000 miles on it. Was less than one year old. I now have over 28,000 miles on it. This car is wonderful to drive and live with; however, over time the CVT's computer "learns" your driving style and has a tendency to "lock-up" at low speeds (under 40mph) while under low accelleration, and emits a very noticeable rattling sound...it is not subtle. Some call this judder. For me, it has gotten worse over time. My dealer has been great; however, he tells me this noise is ok, no damage is being done, and is characteristic of the current-model Quest. But, NO vehicle should rattle like this. The dealer even "reprogrammed" the transmission, but in short order it has returned to the judder, and seems to be just as bad as before. I should also add, that while test driving this vehicle when we bought it, I was unaware of this problem, and certainly didn't notice the noise until several months after we had owned it. Very unfortunate, because aside from the judder, this is a great vehicle.

Update April 4, 2017. Van is a delight to drive, and since replacing a window seal to cure an air noise, have had no problems; HOWEVER, the CVT is still not my favorite feature, as it has a bit of a mind of its own and can be challenge to modulate. Also, in mountain driving, you cannot use the transmission to downshift to have the engine slow you down going down long declines. You can downshift, but that only allows a maximum speed ot 35mph, which is pretty useless. So, rotors tend to get warped from constant braking. I don't frequent the mountains often, but one ot two trips did damage to my rotors.

Update 10/4/2017. 40,000 miles. Trouble-free. CVT is still not my favorite feature...more difficult to modulate than standard transmission, particularly when going slowly at low rpm's...tends to bog down a bit and rumble. Still impressed with its seat comfort, well-modulated ride,and handling. Large covered storage in rear behind 3rd row of seats is very handy, as are the fold-away 3rd row seats, leaving a very large flat cargo area in the rear. Would definitely buy again.

Update 04/04/2018...45,500 miles. No issues at all except the CVT is not my favorite feature. Great ride, handling and comfort.

Great van but consider the cargo space.
By flyingdutch1

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming from a Chrysler T&C (terrible quality!) I also looked at the similar priced models of Honda, Toyota and Kia. I picked a Nissan Quest SV because of the interior styling and best drive. The Quest drives very smoothly with a very peppy engine when you need it. Just came back from an Ohio-Florida-Ohio trip with 3 adults and 3 children on board and the van was perfect. The only "gotcha" is the cargo space. Most other vans have a system where the back seat folds into the trunk but the Quest's seats all folds forward creating a somewhat flat loading floor but you lose significant space in height. The Quest has a deep compartment but not very wide so packing was a challenge.

Compared to similar prices competitive vans the Quest's interior and dashboard looks awesome, you would not even know you were in a van. Our SV had one upgrade (leather package) and I higly recommend it, these seat are extremely comfortable.

Make the back seats fold into rear compartment for additional cargo space. The interior colors (I got grey even) are too light and hard to clean.

Best Minivan ever to come to production
By evanlloyd321

2014 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

FINALLY: Space and Fuel efficiency come together.

My family finally decided to get a spacious car. Much better than [non-permissible content removed] Subaru outback.

**Average 21 MPG, Enough to carry 7 Adults comfortably, and it looks good too. I like this car a lot! Hope it lasts.

-Great Gas Mileage for its size -Many cup holders -Styling is on-point -Comfort all around -great for long road trips -rear seats fold flat

-the Rear-view mirrors have a funny shape -Optional 8-Passenger layout

The best kept secret in minivans.....
By dking1995

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Quest SV two days ago.
I replaced my 2009 Honda Odyssey.
As I shopped for vans - the usual suspects were first - Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey.
I like a mid-level van with lots of features, but no leather (too hot where I live) - so as decked out with cloth as I can get.
The SV fit the bill.
The Toyota Sienna frankly felt cheap inside - no soft touch surfaces and the plastics on the dash were flimsy.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey was well put together, but felt basic unless you got the EX-L or Touring.
The Nissan stood out hands down - with lots of soft touch surfaces, wood grain dash, and leather wrapped steering wheel standard on the SV.

I love the smooth ride of the big V6 with the CVT transmission. The interior is very well appointed for a mid level trim - with leather door inserts, leather wrapped steering wheel, plush comfortable seats, and other goodies like a back up camera and Bluetooth. Also - this is the only van we drove with the Intelligent Key and push button start - which are awesome!!! This was also by far the minivan with the quietest ride - thanks to the CVT transmission and triple sealed doors. It really feels like you are driving a much more expensive vehicle - and yet stickers cheaper than the Toyota or Honda similarly equipped. The sense of value with this van is very high.

My only real complaint is that the Toyota and the Honda minivans seem to have more storage bins and cubbies for the passengers. The Nissan certainly has a lot - and fits everything we need nicely. But if you are used to having a lot of them, the Nissan can seem short in this area. The third row folds forward instead of backwards into the floor. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your situation and use case - but for us was actually a positive as it is much easier to reconfigure the cabin with these style seats. The second row has its own console - which is a plus - but has to be removed manually to fit large cargo items.

Our last Odyssey
By believe

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have ALWAYS been pretty much Honda customers. In fact, since 1977 when we purchased our first new car
we have always for the most part purchased Honda. Well times have changed. We decided this time to take the Quest for a drive. It is simply the smoothest, best looking, best interior, at least
in our honest opinion. We were fortunate enough to catch the St. Pats day sale and purchased the SV model for approx $8k off MSRP. That has to be the best deal we have ever made, but aside from that, the Quest is so comfortable. Neither the Sienna or Odyssey felt as good as the Quest. BTW, our last two vans were the Odyssey.
BTW...we purchased this van for retirement. We didn't need 8 seating.

Well, our opinion has changed on the Quest. When we reached 13000 miles on it we started having a problem with the brakes and rotors. We took it to
the dealer where we purchased it, but was told that we would have to pay to have either the rotors cut or replaced. Of course they wanted to replace the
brakes too. My wife and I have never had a problem with brakes and rotors at 13000 miles. No, we don't ride the brakes or miss use the vehicle in any way.
The other thing that really became annoying was the CVTransmission. The motor was great, but the amount of noise from the CVT to get the vehicle
up to speed was ridiculous. The gas mileage was excellent as was the wonderful quiet ride. The seats were extremely comfortable. Would I purchase
another? Maybe. Nissan needs to make their rotors bigger and thicker. Have a wonderful day everyone!