Used 2014 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Driving dave
By Driving Dave

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Family loves the van. One major problem, transmission went out with 36,000 miles in Tonopaugh Nevada, Nissan paid for 3 hour tow truck ride and replacement. Reno Nissan dealer forgot to tighten or install 2 bolts. Dealer was a problem getting fixed, I don't think they wanted to admit the error, I found the missing bolts when my local mechanic was investigating a noise. I could have been killed by this sloppy repair. One bolt was missing and the other loose, less than 30 days after the repair. As with all dealings with Nissan dealers, for buying a car or maintenance and repairs, the customer is always asked to rate the transaction and we are told that anything rated under a 10 is rated as a poor. So customers are pressured to give a 10 for every transaction. Guess what I was not given the survey when the bolts were found missing.

Reliable & What Comfort!
By R. Middlemas

2014 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this auto as a dealer loaner, with about 10,000 miles on it. Was less than one year old. I now have over 28,000 miles on it. This car is wonderful to drive and live with; however, over time the CVT's computer "learns" your driving style and has a tendency to "lock-up" at low speeds (under 40mph) while under low accelleration, and emits a very noticeable rattling sound...it is not subtle. Some call this judder. For me, it has gotten worse over time. My dealer has been great; however, he tells me this noise is ok, no damage is being done, and is characteristic of the current-model Quest. But, NO vehicle should rattle like this. The dealer even "reprogrammed" the transmission, but in short order it has returned to the judder, and seems to be just as bad as before. I should also add, that while test driving this vehicle when we bought it, I was unaware of this problem, and certainly didn't notice the noise until several months after we had owned it. Very unfortunate, because aside from the judder, this is a great vehicle.

Update April 4, 2017. Van is a delight to drive, and since replacing a window seal to cure an air noise, have had no problems; HOWEVER, the CVT is still not my favorite feature, as it has a bit of a mind of its own and can be challenge to modulate. Also, in mountain driving, you cannot use the transmission to downshift to have the engine slow you down going down long declines. You can downshift, but that only allows a maximum speed ot 35mph, which is pretty useless. So, rotors tend to get warped from constant braking. I don't frequent the mountains often, but one ot two trips did damage to my rotors.

Update 10/4/2017. 40,000 miles. Trouble-free. CVT is still not my favorite feature...more difficult to modulate than standard transmission, particularly when going slowly at low rpm's...tends to bog down a bit and rumble. Still impressed with its seat comfort, well-modulated ride,and handling. Large covered storage in rear behind 3rd row of seats is very handy, as are the fold-away 3rd row seats, leaving a very large flat cargo area in the rear. Would definitely buy again.

Update 04/04/2018...45,500 miles. No issues at all except the CVT is not my favorite feature. Great ride, handling and comfort.

Great van but consider the cargo space.
By flyingdutch1

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Coming from a Chrysler T&C (terrible quality!) I also looked at the similar priced models of Honda, Toyota and Kia. I picked a Nissan Quest SV because of the interior styling and best drive. The Quest drives very smoothly with a very peppy engine when you need it. Just came back from an Ohio-Florida-Ohio trip with 3 adults and 3 children on board and the van was perfect. The only "gotcha" is the cargo space. Most other vans have a system where the back seat folds into the trunk but the Quest's seats all folds forward creating a somewhat flat loading floor but you lose significant space in height. The Quest has a deep compartment but not very wide so packing was a challenge.

Compared to similar prices competitive vans the Quest's interior and dashboard looks awesome, you would not even know you were in a van. Our SV had one upgrade (leather package) and I higly recommend it, these seat are extremely comfortable.

Make the back seats fold into rear compartment for additional cargo space. The interior colors (I got grey even) are too light and hard to clean.

Best Minivan ever to come to production
By evanlloyd321

2014 Nissan Quest S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

FINALLY: Space and Fuel efficiency come together.

My family finally decided to get a spacious car. Much better than [non-permissible content removed] Subaru outback.

**Average 21 MPG, Enough to carry 7 Adults comfortably, and it looks good too. I like this car a lot! Hope it lasts.

-Great Gas Mileage for its size -Many cup holders -Styling is on-point -Comfort all around -great for long road trips -rear seats fold flat

-the Rear-view mirrors have a funny shape -Optional 8-Passenger layout

The best kept secret in minivans.....
By dking1995

2014 Nissan Quest SV 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Quest SV two days ago.
I replaced my 2009 Honda Odyssey.
As I shopped for vans - the usual suspects were first - Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey.
I like a mid-level van with lots of features, but no leather (too hot where I live) - so as decked out with cloth as I can get.
The SV fit the bill.
The Toyota Sienna frankly felt cheap inside - no soft touch surfaces and the plastics on the dash were flimsy.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey was well put together, but felt basic unless you got the EX-L or Touring.
The Nissan stood out hands down - with lots of soft touch surfaces, wood grain dash, and leather wrapped steering wheel standard on the SV.

I love the smooth ride of the big V6 with the CVT transmission. The interior is very well appointed for a mid level trim - with leather door inserts, leather wrapped steering wheel, plush comfortable seats, and other goodies like a back up camera and Bluetooth. Also - this is the only van we drove with the Intelligent Key and push button start - which are awesome!!! This was also by far the minivan with the quietest ride - thanks to the CVT transmission and triple sealed doors. It really feels like you are driving a much more expensive vehicle - and yet stickers cheaper than the Toyota or Honda similarly equipped. The sense of value with this van is very high.

My only real complaint is that the Toyota and the Honda minivans seem to have more storage bins and cubbies for the passengers. The Nissan certainly has a lot - and fits everything we need nicely. But if you are used to having a lot of them, the Nissan can seem short in this area. The third row folds forward instead of backwards into the floor. This could be a positive or a negative depending on your situation and use case - but for us was actually a positive as it is much easier to reconfigure the cabin with these style seats. The second row has its own console - which is a plus - but has to be removed manually to fit large cargo items.