Used 2009 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Love My Car!
By Rebekah T

2009 Mitsubishi Galant Sport Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car when I was left with the engine computer going out of my Yota on the highway going 70+mpg in late 2009 when all the recalls were occurring. Safety and reliability are important for me...I took a huge loss as I had negative equity when I purchased that car and then again trading into my Galant. I’d say by far the Galant has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. It was made in my hometown state of IL.. and I’ve only had to do some minor maintenance on it and the factory tires.. are AMAZING! I’ve special ordered the tires three times from my local tire dealer because of how well they held up... and they are cheaper since they’re petroleum based. My Galant was purchased with SIX miles on it and I now have nearly 190,000! I’ve thought a couple times on trading into a SUV for my growing family but feel this car will continue to be reliable and safe for my family for a few more years! I commute to work daily (70 miles) and have taken 3 19+ hour trips and never once felt it would have any mechanical issues. Although my family feels it’s time to move on to something newer with less miles, I’m sticking to this Galant until it becomes too costly to repair issues.. I hope to see 300-400k miles out of it! Reliability: 5, Heavy Car With Peace Of Mind on any road conditions: 5, Roominess: 5, I absolutely LOVE my car.. not sure on the newer models but this one is a 5 star rating for me!

Great Galant
By Laparry

2009 Mitsubishi Galant Sport V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely reasonably priced, about the best value for money out there. Very quick, reliable, responsive car which rides beautifully and just eats up the miles in comfort. V6 engine has all the power and "get-up-and-go" you need to get out of trouble.

Great Galant
By Laparry

2009 Mitsubishi Galant Sport V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable vehicle
By nick131

2009 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 34k miles , now have 80k miles and still drives the same. The only maintenance performed have been oil changes and front brake pads once. Drives great on highways and passes other cars easily. Five speed speedtronic comes handy on snow days.
great car for everyday commuter.

Great engine, fund to drive.

No Ipod connection / aux input.

Mitsubishi is a good option
By sumncguy

2009 Mitsubishi Galant Sport Edition 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 08/08 (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Gallant new in 2008 and have over 130k trouble free miles on it. NO. Let me say this again NO Major problems with this car. We simply do the planned maintenance. One downside is with the wrong tires, the car is loud. Alot of interior noise. Something just started rattling around in the trunk area .. sounds like something body related. I had a mitsubishi engine in my 1999 Grand Voyager and we ran that to almost 300k. 2 FOR 2, Mitsubishi has been good to me. A great alternative to the overpriced Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans.

Gas mileage, Exterior looks, performance, endurance, reliability.

Improve dash layout