Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Summer fun on steroids!
By Riva

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love everything about this vehicle! The only downside is I happen to have chosen the black Mitsubishi Spyder which between 2001 and 2005 has top coat adhesion issues.

Oh my Gosh!!!
By Devon

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Worst car in the world!! Bought it with 62,000 miles and it is the worst. So uncomfortable, so noisy, so many rattle, make horrible grinding noises, engine is ok, but not powerful enough, all of these cars have cracked dashes that make all sorts of noises. IT IS SO TERRIBLE!!!!! Never buy this car. OH YA and it LEAKES Water From Stupid A/C. Worst car ever!!!!!!! I can not express this enough!! DONT BUY!

the Real deal with 2003 eclipse especially v6
By Jude Nazon

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

transmissions are good until they go I just had my transmission rebuilt with Labor $3000 engine is expensive if you have an oil leak the labor is so expensive...although I bought this car for my son... and still have to put a new top on it car has 17000 miles on it I bought it at 166966 . the Repair cost and transmission engine work add another $4000 as a car bought used I sunk more money into repair it then whats its worth..

#1#1#1#1
By #1spyder

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I BOUGHT ONE 6 MONTHS AGO...The review asks what shoppers should know about this car.? Well if you are considering buying a spyder...!!! Do it.. kicking car that is top notch racer... pedal to the metal. No more to be said. Parts are cheap and car is easy to work on. I feel blessed. We say this car stays in the family. replacing parts are easy, I'm at 160 + and haven't had to replace anything. This car is badddd!!!! They won't make a car like this again, I got mine at $2000 blue book because a small 1x2 unnoticeable slightly paint difference patch on hood. no big deal...with no motor / issues which is amazing, I am on here only to tell good people go go go! This is ticket to good car. Every review talks about the dash board being cracked.... whatever? Mine isn't thank God, but big deal.. the car rocks in every other aspect. It's the nicest car I've ever had at40 yrs old now and get compliments every day. If u like driving fast. I do. It's a contender with all new vehicle out there. And sounds like a jet landing when the motor slows down/ trans shifts. VByea people. no joke.

Sporty!
By Tara

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This convertible handles and drives awesome. Has a decent punch and looks fantastic. Super stylish and comfortable interior (for front passengers) with two-toned leather it doesn't get any better for the price!