Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews

Used Eclipse Spyder for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Most reliable vehicle i have ever owned

lordhelmit, 05/22/2014

I bought my 03' spyder gts in Nov. 2011 with 127k miles at a used lot. I am writing this on 5/22/2014. I love this vehicle. So much. I have the 5 speed manual tranny, and this thing has some JUICE, to the point where, despite having been through 2 fender benders with no repairs other than cosmetics, still beats the faster 2007+ mustangs and ricer hondas/nissans/scions. Oh, my 03 eclipse is completely 100% totally stock. It now has 178k miles and not only runs brand spankin' new but still beats new cars in accel. contests. Despire neglecting oil changes, being through 2 wrecks, taking it off roading, putting it through hell on the street, this is the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned.

Lots O' Fun Behind the Wheel

CyberKatt, 10/23/2009

Since buying this auto I have been totally impressed by its performance, the low cost of upkeep and the WOW factor, everyone loves the style, ride and the handling (for a car at this price more fun can't be had!). Now mind you this isn't a 300GT V/R4 (I owned one of those!! YOW!) or the fantastic EVO, it still holds it's own! There are also plenty of after market parts for it so personalizing it is a fun way to go! In conclusion if you're in the market for a cool auto, that's inexpensive to upkeep, handles well in the snow (I live in Wisconsin!!) and gives you that open road freedom this is the auto for you!

The Spydy GT Automatic/Manual transmisission

Greg Darby, 03/11/2015
GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sweet. There's not much else that can be said. You can switch to manual and blast around slow moving vehicles at nearly 140 miles an hour. The G's pin your head to the head rest. Thank goodness that the Eagles are rated for 149 mph.

Cracking dash

sdboy, 12/24/2009

This was a nice car until it hit 45,000 miles. Bad enough a rebuilt clutch cost me $2,000, but the dash is cracked like it had 245,000 miles on it and the posts on each side of the windshield are flaking. I have taken really good care of this car and it is worse off than cars I've owned for twice as long. If you buy a Mitsubishi, buy it new and get rid of it before you've owned it for 5 years.

Wish I would've bought one sooner...

Guy, 06/15/2008

We bought this car because we were looking for a convertible in a reasonable price range. My wife and I have found this vehicle to meet and exceed all of our expectations. Fun to drive, sleek exterior, comfortable, SUPER gas mileage (33 mpg @80 mph Hwy. miles in the MOUNTAINS of Tennessee)

12345...17