Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Grand Edition-beautiful and rare
By Matthew McFadden

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I found a "Grand Edition" to put into my collection. They Diamond White Exterior and Tobacco Brown leather are beautiful. Car is great for trips to the wine country in the summer. Super smooth ride and solid as a rock. Excellent fit and finish. Still an excellent trouble free car!

2009 CLK350 Convertible, 120K Miles, As New
By Joe Blake

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

In January, 2010 I purchased this NEW 2009 CLK350 with 96 miles at a 40% discount from the stickers retail price. The dealers in Southern California each had 10 or so of these on their lots, the new E350's were on the way. So the dealer was very motivated to move these cars. To this day, I do not understand why these are so difficult to sell. Compared to a Jaguar or a BMW, these are much less expensive, much more reliable, and certainly as attractive if not more so. In fact, I get many more comments today(Aug 2016) than I did originally. The oil changes($225) are expensive, as are other maintenance items. Over the course of 6 years $5000 in maintenance(Oil, Tires, Brakes, Fluid Changes(all except transmission).....but then again the car is driven 20k miles per year and tires/brakes would have to bought for any car. The car drives, accelerates and for a convertible, is as solid as new. No squeaking, no body flex, no air leakage. If I could buy another one with 20k miles on it, I would jump at the opportunity. In the meantime, I will run mine into the ground.

CLK 350 Convertible
By Alan Bell

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fun to drive. Sporty but feels like a sedan when the top is not down. Beautifully appointed interior. The dash gives me three incorrect warnings. 1) Says that my third brake light is not working when it is. 2) Says tire pressure needs attention when it doesn't. 3) After about two hours driving the fuel gage shows empty when it isn't.

Best ride of my life!
By rain rod

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have always been a Mercedes Benz enthusiast, my grandfather drives a Mercedes, my father owned a few , and now I own one. Like all Mercedes cars, the CLK is proof of their excellence is car making. Before I bought my CLK, I had a 2002 C 240 passed down from my grandfather with 170k miles that was a testament to just how superior Mercedes is. When I got the CLK 350, I couldn't believe how amazing the car was. It has a classic design that looks beautiful when driving on the roads, and the interior is just as lovely. Even today, I still get compliments on my car, and my people think that it is a much newer model than a 2009! The pillarless rear windows make the car It accelerates from 0-60 in about 5 seconds and it is so smooth, sometimes you don't realize just how fast you're going. Also like any Mercedes, it takes turns so graceful even at high speeds, and stops just as swiftly and comfortably. I've had this car since March of 2013 and have not had any major issues with it. This car is timeless and I know that I will have it for many more years to come.

Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed.
After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low).
It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive.
Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats.
I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

The ride and handling are awesome; it's quiet (even my cabriolet), smooth, responsive. I love that I can manually shift the automatic from the shifter. Audio is plenty strong enough for my tastes. The array of features is great. Visibility seems very good for me, esp for a cabriolet. Looks and styling have held up well; I have a 2009 and for me the styling still holds up as classy and sporty.

The nav system is definitely out of date and suffers from the joystick navigation and poor interface in general - I've all but given up on using it. The iPod interface is quirky; songs show up on the dash display rather than the radio, and you use the steering wheel controls to operate it. The two cup holders in the front and none in the rear are minimalistic. The driver's side mirror could cant out a bit further for me (I'm tall and drive with the seat fully back), but haven't had blind spot issues really.