Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLA-Class model:

Regret!!!!
By Danitello

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I bought this car when I was 25,(the car was 3 years old at the time), and recently had driven/owned other brands before. This by far has the crappiest quality of any car I have financed. The interior sometimes rattles from who knows where, the Harman Kardon speakers need replacing again, I don’t even play music THAT loud, and the 18” run flat tires on their thin profile make for a harsh ride! The transmission is jerky at times and frustrating and the car is slow af in its regular economy mode, but yet in sport, while it is fast, just doesn’t seem consistent. The eco start/stop feature stopped working at 50k miles and started working again once the battery got replaced...at only 4 years old. Sigh

Excellent sports car
By Bill

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Coming bmw 335i and e46 m3, this is my second mercedes. I had 2006 e500 before. Cla45 amg exceeded my expectations. It is fast, very quick at low rpms, great handling - make sure to change the stock tires with michelin performance ones. The interior is great and comfortable. Larger than a coupe but sportier than a 4 door. AMG exhaust is a must. I love it after owning it over a year.

Thoughts after six months.
By John Haapala

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Purchased with 35k, and put 20k on in six months. Car is hands down the sportiest, best driving 4 cyl. vehicle I've driven. Turbo makes a big difference. Engine rumbles like a performance vehicle even at rest. Car is stiff and ride is not near as comfy as my cruiser class E350. There is a vibration at the seat belt adjuster on rougher roads. Paddle shifters make driving more fun and interactive. In sport mode car is lots of fun to drive. In economy mode still fun but geared lower. With supreme gas in economy mode I am getting 42 mpg on the freeway. I like the simpler trim on the CLA - less to chip or peel off (as in E350). Seats have dynamic lumbar support. Plenty of room in the back seat for two average sized passengers. Lots of headroom. Most of the complaints I have seen about this car strike me as written by people who have not taken the time to learn how to drive this car. It is a novel car with greater opportunity to control your driving experience than typical sedans. I'm a fan of the ride and I love the mileage! Biggest complaint - stiff ride. Biggest surprise - high speed performance.

Perfect sports car
By Max

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have owned 2008 M3 and 2012 Porsche Boxter S. My current car has been 14 CLA45. It beats them all in terms of ride quality. It is so quick and agile. It launches fast. In comfort mode, it turns into a great daily commuter. Make sure to get it with AMG exhaust. Head turner for sure!

Amazing car for the money
By Mihram Kendrick

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have owned several sports cars e46 m3, e92 m3, Carrera. I think in terms of fun factor this car beats all. Amazing exhaust notes, superb acceleration and handling. Nice interior quality and comfort.