Used 2015 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

A Fun, Practical Car for Anyone

jmoyer11, 05/22/2015
i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Owner of i Touring hatchback w/ 6-speed manual for 6+ months. I have had no issues & I enjoy owning this beautiful car. I've averaged 33.1 mpg overall with an assertive driving style. I can say that I do NOT regret choosing the 2.0L engine. It is quick & punchy. The only time I have noticed a lack of power was when I was hauling 3 other adults & their luggage on hilly terrain. What sets this car apart from the competition is its driving dynamics. It is a more fun & engaging drive with excellent steering feel. It is confident in corners & feels very light. I absolutely love this about the 3. Other cars in its class fall short of the 3 here. Its quality exceeds its price tag.

STILL love my 2.5S GT with 6-speed manual!

Doug Gilmer, 10/29/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We bought a 2015 Mazda3S GT with 2.5 liter engine and 6-speed manual to replace a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla was a fine car, great mileage, solid as a rock, and will run for many years. But it was BORING to drive, like a good solid recliner rather than a fun driving experience. We also have a 2007 Mazda3 hatchback with 2.3L engine and 5-speed auto that is a wonderful car, still looks, runs, and rides great with 200,000 trouble-free miles on it (I've put new suspension and brakes on the car, but those are wear items; everything else is stock and original; it's on it's 6th set of tires). We decided to keep the 2007 Mazda, sell the 2013 Corolla, and got the new Mazda. What a fabulous ride! We live in central-western Virginia where there literally are NO straight roads, many mountains, just awesome driving conditions and this car is an absolute hoot to drive. My wife is tiny and prefers the fit of the 2007, feels the 2015 is bigger, but she enjoys driving it as well since the driving position is very adjustable; I'm 5'9" and 170# and the 2015 fits me like a glove. We live 15 miles from the nearest town so most of our driving is to town and back on two-lane roads with frequent longer trips to the beach or the city. The car is very comfortable for long rides with pretty two-tone ventilated leather seats (fronts are heated) and climate control, satellite radio, Bluetooth, CD, USB, coupled to a 9-speaker Bose audio system for entertainment. Once we read the manual and figured out the GPS system we enjoy having it on longer trips to unknown areas, but generally don't use it on a daily basis. We had the windows professionally tinted when we got the car and feel that enhances the looks and protects the interior, plus makes it more comfy to drive on hot sunny days. I love to ski and have driven it over some very dicey road conditions with ZERO drama; the ABS, traction control, and stability control are awesome. This car has 18" wheels and over 6 inches of ground clearance so that helps in snow. Driving in the rain is drama-free as well with the automatic wipers which work flawlessly, the auto-on headlights are great (amazing range and brightness), and the active headlights that steer with the car are fantastic for the twisty roads we drive. I can't say enough about how the car handles - it is very stable, very responsive, very smooth, but precise and sticks to the road like glue. The six-speed manual is as slick as it can be, we just love driving it, and it will hold it's speed in the mountains very well. We have gotten far better mileage with it than advertised (the automatic is rated even higher). The car has plenty of power so you don't have to run through all the gears but can skip a few, i.e. shift 1 - 3 - 5 rather than run through the full gearbox and I think this helps gas mileage by keeping RPMs lower. If you need the power, it's there, very fast from a stop to speed or from highway speeds to passing speeds. The brakes on this car are also fantastic, very strong without being abrupt, and combined with the ABS and suspension help slow the car with precision and confidence. Finally, the fit and finish is top-notch and we think it is a very nice looking car, inside and out. If this car is as reliable as the 2007 I will absolutely love it for a long time. UPDATE: We now have 70,000 absolutely flawless miles on the 2015 Mazda3 and it continues to impress with performance, comfort, and economy. We have not had one single mechanical, electrical, or other issue in the 3.5 years we've owned it; the car even still has the original brake pads and they look like they will go many more miles! We have Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on it and have noted that the car rides quieter on rough asphalt than the Dunlops that came on the car. I've seen some complaints about ride noise and agree to a point, but I must note that this car has stiffer suspension and high-performance tires on it to make it handle so beautifully and those components will transmit more road noise than a "softer" riding car. I don't notice it enough to even comment on it unless the road surface is extremely rough (chip seal, etc.). The car handles superbly in all conditions including snow and is a joy to drive on the very twisty, hilly roads we have in Virginia. We are still getting 35 to 36 MPG overall which I feel is awesome given that the car is generally driven like a race car, ha ha! I put a trailer hitch on if for a bicycle rack and pulling my motorcycle on a single-rail trailer and the car has plenty of power to do those tasks with ease. We love the car and highly recommend it.

An Awesome Little Car

M. West, 04/01/2016
i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this back in May for my wife and I. We really like it a lot. It was in an accident that smashed the whole front end when my wife was driving and the airbag saved her from any injuries. I and others thought it was totaled but the repair company knew better. They stripped off the fenders, hood, and bumper and the rest of the car was just fine. Now we have it back and it's like nothing happened to it. I think that speaks to the safety of this car. The Good: 40 mpg on long trips / 30 in town on average Tight handling and directional stability Not bad to look at Update: 10-29-18 This car could be perfect. I have done the following to try to fix it's shortcomings: 1. move interior rear view mirror to a safer location. It was placed so far down toward the middle of the windshield that it blocked a lot of the view especially to the right so you don't even see a car approaching from the alley...so I moved it way up to near the top of the windshield. 2. Front seat is like sitting on lawn furniture. there seems to be no padding. So the wife sewed me up a cushion that she made of matching tan cloth. Inside I put bubble wrap as padding but has to be replaced once in a while. It feels fine now. These two minor yet important issues cause me to wonder how some people who buy these can stand them. With these changes I like the car very much. It is a very good looking car to my eyes and has great steering. The engine is very frugal with gas and the body is aerodynamic which lets it maintain a fast clip without much effort. Rear view camera (can't stand cars without it now) The engine and trans work seamlessly The not so good: The light from the taillights seems small & inadequate like taillights from 1972. They need to upgrade this to 2016 standards. The front seats need a tad more foam cushioning. I had to make an air cushion pillow out of bubble wrap to sit on. The biggest gripe: The rear view mirror is placed way too low so it blocks my view to the right. I will move this somehow because it really sucks and I can't believe they think this is O.K. I mean look at every other car on the road and there is nothing this stupidly placed. Update: 4/27/17___________>>> Hi, I case you care, I like this car. It has "grown on me" so that I like to drive it every day instead of my 4Runner. It handles better and get much better mileage (33 vs 17 mpg). The 4Runner has a plusher ride and is more relaxing, however. The power to weight ration could be better as its not even as good as my 4Runner(but hey the mileage). With the high winds we have here it doesn't even move from the hardest wind blasts. I use Mazda's oil as it is one of the highest rated oils (Idemitsu Oil Co). My opinion is that it has a timeless design that is very restrained so it will look good for many years. Mazda took a group of these cars across Russia to Germany from Japan in a shakedown test and flew them back to Japan where they where disassembled and analyzed. Something is right with these cars that a lot of people just don't appreciate. Go figure. The new Scion now Toyota iA is actually a Mazda. Update for Oct. 2019: I still have this car and it is holding up well. It is very economical and looks pretty good.

Still really like the car 60K miles

R Nieske, 07/12/2016
i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car has been great. Love it. Best looking of the Mazda 3's

Just Purchased

lithium76, 06/08/2015
s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was the owner of a 2013 Mazda 3i Touring, the 2015 S - Grand Touring is a HUGE departure. The interior and feature are that of a much more expensive car. I've owned an Audi, BMW and Lexus, and the fit and finish rivals them, not to mention, the $2200 tech package includes items that would cost 2-3 times as much on a German car. The 2.5L is punchy and has a nice note to it. I am VERY happy with this purchase.

12345...14