Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

$2,500

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

running great and fun to drive

adam, 10/09/2006

I bought my Mazda in March 05 and now have 33K on it. I haven't had a single problem. Only routine maintenance. It drives great and is fun to drive.

Great car, poor MPG

Slick26, 10/18/2006

All things considered, I think this has so far been a great car. Build quality and reliability have been superb. As has handling and over-all general performance. My main concerns about this car have been fuel economy and room. Now I knew I was buying a compact car, so I can't complain too much about room. But just take note, if you have kids, especially small kids in car seats, this car gets extremely small in a hurry. Put two car seats in the back and you have no room for anything, and driver and front passenger become very uncomfortable. Now, where I am most disappointed is fuel economy. I cannot get better than 23 mpg hwy/20 city no matter how hard I try. And I drive very conservatively.

Mazda 3, 5 door 2.3 liter

Thom , 11/23/2006

We have owned for approximately 1 year and have had no trouble with it at all. We traded from a large SUV to this car and my wife loves it. Mileage is obviously much better. She loves handling and fun factor. SUV was larger and I thought safer, but in truth Montero SUV would have possibly rolled in emergency situation. This car handles like a slot car and I think would be safer under an unexpected situation and my wife could avoid a potential accident.

1 Year plus--and lots to like

L.A. JAFO, 11/29/2006

My wife drives this car around town, but I made sure we took it on some real road trips to make sure it was solid. Am I impressed...you bet! On a 455 mile trip from LA to the Salton Sea and back through Palm Springs in 114 degree heat with the A/C on max it still did 29.2 MPG. On a 700 mile trip to Northern California using highways 101 and 1 we did 33.2 MPG. Power is very good. Handling is solid; it responds like a BMW or an Acura and when you turn the wheel, you move RIGHT NOW, no slop or lag at all. Interior space is good, and even at 6'5 I have both head and leg room thanks to the telescoping steering wheel. Trunk space is very good for big suitcases (2 of them!) or lots of groceries.

125,000 miles and going strong

michdude, 01/08/2012

I bought my 2005 Mazda 3 as a used, certified car with 48,000 one owner miles on it. I had just started a new job which is 25 miles one way so I needed a reliable, fairly fuel efficient car that looked sharp, was fun to drive and could seat four adults when needed. I'm 6'3" tall so I also needed a car that could handle my lanky frame. I have to say my Mazda 3 has been a pleasure to drive over the past three years. It has also been reliable. The only mechanical failures I've had are the serpentine belt tension pulley and the drivers side front wheel bearing. I have replaced the brake rotors and pads and bought new tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Overall I love my 3!!!!!!!