2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

6 months into my lease
By VikesFan

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2017 MKX Reserve with the 2.7 turbo (Edmunds, fix the auto category to include this) about 6 months ago, have 11K miles on it. This car is a fantastic driver, especially in sport mode...it is very quick and agile. In comfort setting, it is great on the road as well. I upgraded to the better seats with cool air venting and the massages. The massage feature are more like a parlor trick to amuse your friends, but for me not used often. Still cool though. Best things about the car: quiet, great handling, audio/radio, connectivity with apple phone, seats are very comfortable, head lights are great, automatic wipers, heated steering wheel (in MN this is a very appreciated), panoramic sunroof, and being able to start it with my phone from anywhere (when I land at the airport, can start up to have it heated before I get to my car). Also, it is a very beautiful design.....I think better looking that the Audi Q5 and Merc GLC (which were the ones I considered along with the MKX). What I would change/shortcomings: I have rattles in the dash that I need to get fixed, the transmission in normal mode is a little hinky on downshifts, the radio takes a few seconds to dial in the stations when you change them, and the gas mileage is lower than hoped for (I usually get between 22 and 24 depending on the how much highway.) Would I lease again... I will definitely consider it, as it really has been a great vehicle so far. The new Nautilus has an upgraded grill and I have a better 8 or 9 speed transmission.

Loving my MKX
By Nita

2017 Lincoln MKX Select 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do you homework on your new vehicle as well as trade-in so you won't be hassled into new car deal.

Second Lincoln.....just keeps getting better
By rod

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car.....just make sure it fits your budget. Well equipped. Couldn't be happier.

Great midsize luxury suv - zero issues
By Phil

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at every competitor and the MKX beat them out on features, value and overall driving experience. The list of things we like ranges from the Synch 3 system which is much superior to the Acura, BMW, and Audi, the quiet interior, seat comfort (we got the 22 way front seats), smooth power from the turbo 6, and overall features and functionality. The dealer even picks up and delivers the car for maintenance and leaves us a loaner, all included in the price. Lots of little things add to the experience like the best Bluetooth phone I’ve ever heard. The other party has no idea I’m calling through the car even at highway speeds. After almost a year and 25k miles there has been zero issues. We put on a lot miles and expect to get many years of worry free driving. If I want to be nit picky the mpg has averaged just 21, but the vehicle runs on regular and is AWD.

Buying American better than ever
By dldibona@gmail.com

2017 Lincoln MKX Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

For the last 15 years we had Acura MDX's. Very disappointed with the Acura Dealer's arrogance and decided to look at other manufactures. The Lincoln Dealer listened to what we wanted and the MKX has everything we wanted. Great ride, performance, sound system, cargo space and styling. Excellent interface with the car and driver. Aggressive lease rates and an excellent warranty. We leased the Lincoln MKX over the Acura MKX, Lexus RX350, BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Infinity Q60.