2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

LINCOLN is going back in time - REMEMBER the 70"s
By MONROE GLASER

2017 Lincoln MKX Premiere 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln dealers are independent - see if you can find any tele or address beyond - Lincoln Conceirge, you cant. If Lincoln Concerige tells you to to "go jump in the lake", what do you do????? You have already had it with the little boys and girlie's at the dealer or you would not be at this point. Lincoln refuses to help. Another dealer down the road told me "you did not buy the car here, so we WILL NOT help you". The car was fine - nothing worked / NOTHING. No help from salesman or shop except lies. Seven months later everything is fine. No super-duper mechanic, no fancy equipment or tools - - - -"OH, Mr Glaser we forgot to prep the car before it was delivered to you". REALLY, 7 months to find this out? I wonder what would have happened if I would have a serious problem - like a flat tire I have purchased 17 new cars in my life so far, and yes, Mr Lincoln, I an going to join your group to go back to the 70"s. I have been told by all of the foreign dealers that purchasing a $55,000.00 car from them I will not receive "JUNK". But please - let us remember one important item here. With the technology and advanced quality systems and standards auto's leaving the assembly line are near PERFECT. So if your car is not perfect on receipt you bought it from a "JUNK DEALER" and there are plenty of them, especially at Lincoln.

6 months into my lease
By VikesFan

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2017 MKX Reserve with the 2.7 turbo (Edmunds, fix the auto category to include this) about 6 months ago, have 11K miles on it. This car is a fantastic driver, especially in sport mode...it is very quick and agile. In comfort setting, it is great on the road as well. I upgraded to the better seats with cool air venting and the massages. The massage feature are more like a parlor trick to amuse your friends, but for me not used often. Still cool though. Best things about the car: quiet, great handling, audio/radio, connectivity with apple phone, seats are very comfortable, head lights are great, automatic wipers, heated steering wheel (in MN this is a very appreciated), panoramic sunroof, and being able to start it with my phone from anywhere (when I land at the airport, can start up to have it heated before I get to my car). Also, it is a very beautiful design.....I think better looking that the Audi Q5 and Merc GLC (which were the ones I considered along with the MKX). What I would change/shortcomings: I have rattles in the dash that I need to get fixed, the transmission in normal mode is a little hinky on downshifts, the radio takes a few seconds to dial in the stations when you change them, and the gas mileage is lower than hoped for (I usually get between 22 and 24 depending on the how much highway.) Would I lease again... I will definitely consider it, as it really has been a great vehicle so far. The new Nautilus has an upgraded grill and I have a better 8 or 9 speed transmission.

Loving my MKX
By Nita

2017 Lincoln MKX Select 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do you homework on your new vehicle as well as trade-in so you won't be hassled into new car deal.

Second Lincoln.....just keeps getting better
By rod

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car.....just make sure it fits your budget. Well equipped. Couldn't be happier.

Great midsize luxury suv - zero issues
By Phil

2017 Lincoln MKX Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at every competitor and the MKX beat them out on features, value and overall driving experience. The list of things we like ranges from the Synch 3 system which is much superior to the Acura, BMW, and Audi, the quiet interior, seat comfort (we got the 22 way front seats), smooth power from the turbo 6, and overall features and functionality. The dealer even picks up and delivers the car for maintenance and leaves us a loaner, all included in the price. Lots of little things add to the experience like the best Bluetooth phone I’ve ever heard. The other party has no idea I’m calling through the car even at highway speeds. After almost a year and 25k miles there has been zero issues. We put on a lot miles and expect to get many years of worry free driving. If I want to be nit picky the mpg has averaged just 21, but the vehicle runs on regular and is AWD.