2017 Lexus LX 570 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lexus LX 570 Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 8-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Safe, reliable & stylist luxury SUV
By PRS

2017 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

If the what your most concerns were listed in the title of this review, then this is the one to get. Of course there are always room for improvement: self parking, self driving, more leg room for the 3rd row, more room for cargo space, better miles per gallon, and double moon roof or panoramic roof, etc.

Dont buy this if u live in nyc. It does poor in
By Luigylebron@yahoo.com

2017 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Not good in snow not good

A great car
By Harry

2017 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Lexus LX 570 is a great car, both from outside and inside looks to its safety and comfort. Nothing to complain.

Great in some ways, but definite issues
By Chris K.

2017 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Nice large vehicle with good safety features such as numerous, well distributed airbags. I consider the 6000 pound weight a bit of a safety feature as well. Has a number of issues which would place this vehicle between a 3 and 4 star rating for me. I had a 2011 model which I traded for a 2016. The engine in the newer model is more sluggish, and if a more rapid acceleration is desired, the engine sounds like a 4 cylinder that is about to throw a rod. The 2011 engine and transmission strangely seemed quite superior.This is usually sold with the 21 inch wheels, and as I found out after purchase, that Dunlop is the only manufacturer of a tire this size. Not a very good tire and I am at this moment in my 3rd week without being able to drive my car because the tires are nationally on a back order. The vehicle is sitting at my Lexus dealer, who doesn't really know what to tell me at this point. The screens for watching television in the back seat stick so far off of the backs of the front seats that they encroach on the headspace of the rear seat passengers. I found this almost scary when I sat in the back seat. Anti-lock brake mechanism is not smooth and if hard braking is required, the tires seem to skip around on the road. Not sure how much of this is due to the tire quality versus the anti-lock quality.

The only SUV that matters
By db

2017 Lexus LX 570 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I have a 2017 LX 570 and this is my third LX dating back to 2002. My previous vehicle was a 2006 LX; I absolutely love the upgrades both internally and externally. I would not comment on the mpg as a negative--especially considering this is a full-time four-wheeled drive vehicle that weighs over 7,000 lbs--poor mpg is to be expected. I considered purchasing a Mercedes G Wagon or a Range Rover Autobiography...regardless of the curb appeal for those vehicles, none can compare to the LX's reliability and resale value. Having an attractive SUV that only looks good but cannot withstand the test of time (unreliable) is an oxymoron. I look forward to additional LX upgrades in time. The only SUV that matters.