Used 1991 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Best car ever made and never duplicated

davnet, 01/11/2003

Bought used with 90K and now have 247,000 miles on it and I figure that's only about 1/4 of expected life! Lexus seriously seriously overbuilt the first generation of 400s: couldn't miss the mark when competing with Mercedes and BMW. They didn't, just extended it out of Mercedes and BMW ballpark! Quiet, powerful, and all the comforts. No problems at all. 26mpg highway, 22mpg city: can you believe it with a V8! The traction control really helps in snow and ice. Normal wear and tear repairs only. Save a little: Toyota dealers can work on it when needed.

Best car ever.....

Leo Ruiz, 01/16/2003

Bought the car with 101,000 miles now has 131,000 miles. Car was taken care of, all maintanece was performed by a Lexus dealer.I have had this car for a little over 2 years with no problems with it. This is an exceptional vehicle. Only thing I have replaced are all the gold emblems as they were kind of faded.Car has plenty of power and good gas milage for a V8 (21+MPG).Car is exceptionally quite and ride is very confortable. Engine is so quiet even during accelaration.

LS 400 excellence

c.J.Ires, 08/25/2003

Excellent road car 13 years old and still looks 3yr old 300,000km and no flaws original mufflers and tests at 6% of standard (max) for emissions One of the classiest designs ever

Lexus for Life!

Lexus_Believer, 08/13/2003

Outstanding vehicle for age. Ride, comfort, handling and fuel economy unbelievable for 13 year old car. I bought this a year ago with 130,000 miles and now have 180,000. Had to replace entire steering system (rack, lines & Pump), A/C pump went out too and had to retrofit to get rid of R12. But got a warranty that paid for most of repairs. The rest is routine maintenance. 27 mpg on hwy.

Wish I bought a Lexus sooner

CAWB1617, 07/24/2006

I have to admit after my mother's ES 300 hit 190k I started taking notice how reliable these cars could be with proper maint. I was a Honda/Acura buyer for 5+ years but when I drove my friends LS 400 I knew I had to get one. I found a 91 with 130,000 miles that was almost flawless, interior looks new if you can believe it. Car drives like a dream,very, very, very powerful 250 HP engine but it takes the premium gas. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

12345...7