Used 1991 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Still best sedan ever made!

BWV26, 02/01/2003

1991 LS400 with 250,872 miles. Have spent A/C repairs $2800, steering pump $578, rear air shock $525, major tune- up $1200, rear calipers $374, driver door lower speaker $200, fog lamp housing/lenses $200, tires $1,500. 2.9 cents/mile! Worth every penny.

Beautiful vehicle

Mike, 03/01/2005

Bought this a few months ago. Had 99,800 miles on it. Paid $6,200 for it at a dealer, which I thought was a great price. Fabulous car. Best ride of anything I've driven, and this is at 14 years old. Solid, strong, smooth. Understated styling, which I like. Exceptionally comfortable drive on long-distances. This car is just a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power and muscle. Very quiet on the road, especially on the freeway. An absolute winner, in my book.

Piece of crap

Hampartzum, 04/18/2003

it's a very good car but after 10 years parts start to fall off and also start to break

very happy owner

very happy user, 07/04/2008

I have been totally happy with this car from day one. I've had virtually no major problems in 17 years, just routine maintenance (and inexpensive rear light bulbs going out regularly). It has been incredibly quiet ride from day one, unbelievably so. It seems like it'll last another 5-10 years! I'm passing it on to my teenage child, but only since after 17 years, it's time to move on (the car, not the kid!), e.g. to get a CD player!

163K & still running

Rich T., 07/07/2008

Garage kept 91 LS400. Paint is flawless with the interior being just as nice. 16 year old vehicles usually find the scrapyard by now but not this one! I have had the A/C compressor go out, and a couple leaks (power steering pump & manifold gasket) of which I've not invested the funds to fix. Dealership quoted me $1900 for the A/C compressor. "I'll do without". Friends have mentioned how comfortable a ride it is, and I'm not one to argue. Gas gauge is funny as the vehicle seems to run as if it were out of gas although the gauge is still showing 1/4 tank?? All in all, this vehicle "hooked me" into becoming a future Lexus owner. It will definitely be hard to drive anything else now.

12345...7