Used 2012 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 350 model:

From older IS to newer IS
By TJ Mills

2012 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a 2004 IS 300 (bought new) to the 2012 IS 350 (used). I have had the car for a month and here are my first impressions.: 1. Slow starter. My IS300 had a manual transmission that I miss dearly. The IS 350 automatic even in sport mode has significant delay to move. There is also the delay when punching it to exit a corner. The IS 350 has more torque but at higher RPM and weighs more than 300 lbs more. Acceleration on the highway with the IS350 is significantly better. 2. Handling nimbleness. I definitely feel the weight difference and the IS350 has more understeer so I find myself correcting more in the turns. The IS350 is a cruiser car and not an enthusiasts car. The IS350 with the 225/45 and 245/45 tires sticks to the road on corners. Haven't broken it free except when starting from a stop on wet pavement. (I think this was because of the lack of a limited slip differential which my old IS had.) 3. Modern comforts. The IS350 is so nice to have bluetooth, a great stereo that is tuned to the cabin and it is much quieter inside. The keyless entry is great too. 4. Reliability. My IS300 was extremely reliable for the 14 years I owned it. I expect the IS350 to be the same. In summary, the IS350 is more of a comfort car than a drivers car. I will drive it for a year until I can find the drivers car with reliability that I have been searching for.

Love the car!
By S wright

Love the car!

2012 IS 350
By nicoleinfl

Just turned in my 09' TL, for the IS350. Although
its only been two weeks, I am in love! I had a great leasing experience, and feel I got a great deal.

Stylish LED daytime lights, keyless entry, smooth ride, great handling, backup camera, classy cabin decor, stylish gauges, ventilated seats, bluetooth capabilities and it's sporty style!

More "storage" space in cabin. Get rid of the ashtray and make it a coin holder. Better cup holders, HID fog lamps, and...nothing else! If they corrected those three issues, the car would be perfect!

Quick!
By johnlaregion

2012 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded in an 07 3-series. BMW had so many problems with that car and having heard so many great things about Lexus build quality and dealership service I gave the IS350 a try. The car is so fast! It handles in turns better than a BMW and way more features for the dollar. First and definitely not my last Lexus!!

Leather so soft and supple. Quiet ride and the car is really quick off the line. I didn't get the AWD option but I imagine it handles even better. Love the ventilated seats, Bluetooth of course, and Lexus Enform-- you can just call Lexus and they input your destination right to the car. Also love that you can send your car destinations from your computer before heading out. F-sport edition looked really nice too but didn't get it. Also the LED daytime running lights look sweet.

Make improvements to the cupholders, very small and oddly placed. BMW had bad cupholders too so I'm sort of used to it by now. Could use a little bigger nav screen and instrument cluster. I'd like to see radio stations in between the speedometer and tachometer in the information screen.