Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Our best car ever
By Charley Shurtz

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We went to Reliable Lexus in Springfield MO to find a replacement car for our old 2005 lexus 300. We have become older and no longer have the buying power we once have but found a 2010 250HS Lexus that turned out to be the most amazing car we have ever had and so was the deal we got with it. We had the payments on every two weeks, the car was still Lexus certified and they even give us a special deal that allowed us to bring the car in for a once amonth car wash free. The warranty covered twice a year coating for the paint, the car had brand new Michelin tires, and oil changes. Plus all the other things warrenties have, The people at Reliable Lexus in Springfield, MO were outstanding, Unfortunately the car was totaled out when another vehilce pulled out in front of my wife just 7 months after purchasing it. We cound not find another like it and had to settle for a lesser car with less of a warranty.

Loving the Hybrid life
By MC

Perfection personified!

First Hybrid, First Lexus,...
By FDS

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was looking for an Infinite buy this Lexus caught my eye. I glad I did decide to get the HS 250, best buy of a car since my 2000 Grand Marquis. The ride is really smooth, the sound system could be better, and since it's a hybrid I see the gas savings. Filled it up Sunday, and it's Thursday and not even a quart tank yet. Get about 34 city 39 highway, a real plus. Could have gotten a Prius, but this 250 is so luxurious and I get so many compliments that it's worth the price.

Pleasantly surprised
By valencia harkless

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I upgraded from a Convertible to buy the HS250. I was pleasantly surprised with the technology inside. I think the Navigation could be better. My biggest qualm is that there isn't much mpg esp for city miles. For the price I got with the low mileage was a plus for me

Thoughts at 110,000 miles
By Troy Caldwell

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this for its hybrid drive and it's beautiful interior. The leather and wood panelling , though artificial, is very appealing. The size of the cabin is spacious compared to most cars of its exterior size. Getting inside an LS 250, by contrast, feels positively claustrophobic. This is a very important and attractive feature. Fuel economy is 30.5 to 32.5 mi/gal in mostly highway driving. I had to replace an air conditioner fan, but everything else has been flawless mechanically.
Compared to Lexus LS series cars it is not as smooth riding nor as quiet--even after adding $900 of soundproofing. (That was a waste. I don't recommend it.). This is a mild disappointment.
Acceleration is quite good. I did not give it higher marks due to a one to two second hesitation when accelerating to pass. I love the continuously variable transmission.
I can play MP3's using a memory stick. This is good, but one cannot reliably or easily navigate to to the song desired due to the balky interface. The rest of the radio/CD interface is fine. The sound quality is good but not great. I added a subwoofer, and that made it great. It is the regular premium sound not the Mark Levinson.
Interior comfort is quite good. I can go long periods of road driving with no back strain. It needs more storage space, however.