Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Reviews

Used HS 250h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

First hybrid, fascinated with the technology

Scott, 11/18/2018
Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was not in the market for a car and certainly not a hybrid but a good friend of mine took a job out of state and his wife needed to get rid of her car; enter the 2010 Lexus HS250h. She was willing to sell the car below trade-in, the car has just over 93,000 miles, is in nearly mint condition, is current on all recalls and the new transaxle system was installed 2 months ago, all service has been performed at our local Lexus dealership. I’ve only owned the car about 2 weeks and so far so good. I’ve done a lot of research to learn as much as I can about hybrid vehicles and in particular this Lexus HS. I’ve read just about every review written since it’s release, some I agree with and some I don’t. The car I have has the premium package with more bells and whistles than I can figure out, it handles fine around town and is plenty quite and smooth for me. If your looking for a performance sports car this is not going to fit the bill, if your looking for s gas sipping luxury auto to cruise around town in it’s the ticket. Would I pay $40,000 for this car for any reason? Hell no! Would I buy one in great condition with less than 100k miles with a new transaxle system for less than $10,000, yes.

A versatile automobile

mefistofeles, 06/25/2011
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first when I bought this thing I hated it,coming from a Lexus GS 350. The power was comparatively anemic and the understeer,forget about it. However after a few weeks I adapted to the understeer and was able to make the car work for me. In fact I've adapted to this car so well that a I've actually hadd a few passengers tell me that the car felt rather sporty. The HS 250 certainly has some advantages over a long wheelbase V-6 like the GS 350 its a more compact car so it has a much tighter turning radius. Front wheel drive steering isn't as sharp as rear wheel drive but it allows the driver to be a little lazier in high speed turns,you simply wait for the car to be ready.

Serenity in the Suburbs

friendintocars, 04/25/2011
Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When we felt we deserved a lot more bells and whistles and were watching the fuel prices start the most recent climb we researched the available Luxury Hybrids. Kathy wanted a higher seating position than the '99 Solara, BlueTooth/Nav/Heated Seats and she found it all. My working for a Lexus store didn't stop her from looking at the Prius, Altima and Lincoln Hybrids but she determined that the Premium HS suited her best. Now that she regularly exceeds the posted 35 MPG by 2 or 3 it confirmed her decision. A high point of her day is getting asked for a ride by various co-workers and showing off the cooled seats and verbal commands. That the dealer washes it every week is an added bonus!

Love!

Nia Knowles, 07/19/2018
Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If this car was still in production, I would have found my forever car. I love this car- its my second! I am so disappointed the model ended in 2012. This car is sleek, sporty & loaded with luxuary.

Whats not to like

dweinstein, 03/21/2011
Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an 06 Acura RL which I adored but got in the low 20's mpgs and was looking for a good size tech laden high mileage car. I never fancied myself a "Lexus" guy but after test driving it, felt it had excellent "non Lexus" driving characteristics and incredible mileage for a 3700 pound luxo/sport (albeit for a hybrid) car. And with the December to Remember cash incentives from mother Lexus, the price became "reasonable." Have had the car since Jan 3 and have 4500 miles on it and am consistently getting high 36 mpg's. And with gas up $0.60 cents since January its been a big help! Also have two Prius's and this HS is no Prius! Prius is great but no comparison for a long drive.

12345...15