Used 2013 Lexus GS 450h Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used GS 450h for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not So Bright Headlamps

gilnarro, 10/15/2012

We traded up from RX's to the GS450h for efficiency and environmental reasons. But, the first time we drove at night was a revelation. The bi-xenon HID lights are simply no comparision to the bright and expansive headlamps we expected. They've checked them out thoroughly, but no, that's what you get. A critical component that nobody ever addresses! The LED lamps that come with the luxury package are impossible to find on any Lexus lot, so a comparison is, well, impossible to date. My suspicion is that the LED lights are better; otherwise, why would they be available only with the luxury package. Have you experienced the LEDs on a Lexus? We've driven the car a little over 1000 miles.

Beware of MPG Claims on the GS450h

gilnarro, 03/11/2013

In most respects, the GS450h is an excellent car. It inspires confidence and drives fine. But, there are two features that are unacceptable to this buyer: 1) Unless you purchase the Luxury pkg., you can't get the LED headlamps w/AFS. The regular bi-Xenon headlamps provide minimal illumination and are worse than any we've ever had on our Lexus autos; 2) Lexus claims that this car gets 34MPG average. While brand new, it only got 30.4 MPG. With less than 9K miles on it, this winter, we've gotten 29.2 MPG!. I'm on top of air pressure and I don't gun the car. So, it's not me; it's the car and Lexus's misleading claims.