Used 2019 Kia Stinger Consumer Reviews

Used Stinger for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Yellow GT2 Stinger in OKC

Fred Paul-Key, 01/19/2019
GT 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a fast hatchback road car. It is not a drag strip car but is fast off the block (4.5 to 60mph). It is built for the four lane highway as it's top speed has been limited to 167 mph which it goes without issue. The summer tires in the winter need to be taken care of in temps under 32 degrees. It is beautiful and I bought the car not for what it costs but for how it looks and performs. Very satisfied with KIA and I pleased myself with this purchase. Same excitement I got when I bought by Infiniti G35 in 20007.

One word Comfortable!

MMB22, 01/30/2019
GT2 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I was researching looking for a Rear Wheel drive Sedan to upgrade from a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Since I have 2 kids 5, and 2 I still needed room to haul the kids with car seats and stuff for trips etc, but for the most part this is my daily driver to work and back. The Stinger Fits the bill. It's the sporty car that I personally want/ like with RWD fun to drive, but it also has the functionality of being a family hauler at the same time. After buying and driving this the most surprising thing to me isn't the power or the cool tech or the great looks, its how comfortable this car is to drive on a daily basis. The Seats have so many adjustable options that it literally fits you like a glove. The side bolsters will hug you just enough and the heated and ventilated front seats are great for hot days or the cold of winter. The suspension and the ride is very smooth and I noticed immediately when I went over sections with potholes the expectation of noise and movement was missing when I actually went over them in this car. Car has all the tech you could want and the power is all there when you need it. The things that I wish I could change with a magic wand if I could would be better gas mileage and rear visibility. The Stinger is thirsty and takes premium gas and you end up filling up more frequently than in other cars. I'm averaging 21.5 MPG city driving pretty conservatively. Visibility out the back with hatchback is much poorer than in other cars. Even the vertical visibility to be able to see if that Crown Victoria behind you has lights on top is cut off with the hatch. The sensors and surround view cameras make up for this in backing up but when glancing out the window it is very restricted. You have better visibility out your side rear view mirrors. So far that's about it for the Cons. You don't buy this car to save on Gas and sure you could get better visibility out of a less good looking sporty car but these are trade offs that you make. There is no doubt that when you drive this car you are impressed with the quality , comfort, features and performance.

Midlife Crisis?

Scott Bronson Sr, 03/10/2019
Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just purchased the 2019 Stinger Premium 2.0 T RWD and I absolutely love it! I traded in my loaded 2017 Sportage EX and haven't had a moments regret. The technology on the vehicle is amazing for the price. The vehicle has great eye appeal, with interior luxury and comfort that's second to none. I've had several Optima owners ask me how I like it and expressed regret for not getting one. Best of all, It's fun to drive!!! The launch mode will literally put you back in your seat and you'd better have a tight grip on the steering wheel while demonstrating. I do wish the braking were more aggressive, however, they're still in the break in period and hopefully will improve. That's not a criticism, just an observation. I rate this vehicle 9.8 out of 10.

Ceramic Silver / Red Interior - That's a KIA?

Grand Touring, 08/20/2019
GT2 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been driving KIA's since 2012 (Optima SX, Optima SXL, & Sorento SX) - and this is by far my favorite one to drive. Great value for performance / technology, but MSRP quickly climbs with all the options. I opted for the fully loaded trim to get the true GT experience and I'm not regretting it (yet). Reason being, I looked at it as spending a FRACTION of what a similar "German branded" car would cost new rather than thinking that's an expensive KIA (with 10yr / 100k warranty to boot!) I'm not one to seek attention, but this car (with the color combination) apparently grabs it... Either I get stopped all the time (which I try to take the time to explain/appreciate) or another vehicle tries to "race" or show off - just asking for trouble! Anyhow, I am sure most people reading this are already familiar with the car so I will try to be brief and leave my top 3 Likes and Dislikes: Likes: 1.) Power / Performance - Although it's been stated it's not a true performance car (rather a GT), it is definitely quick and fun to drive! 2.) Stereo - Love cruising down the road with the kick ass sound system! 3.) Versatility / Unique - In order for me to go back to a "sedan" from an SUV, I was seeking AWD and versatility - and it has both! Dislikes: 1.) Premium Gas / Mileage - Although it's recommended and not required, I still feel obligated to put in 91 or 93 to get the ultimate driving experience - and she is QUITE thirsty - even with a light foot. *Note: The tank may be small for the gas mileage; so requires more frequent trips to the gas station. 2.) Middle Arm Rest - I love the interior quality of the car, but for some reason, I feel they cheaped out on the middle console rest pad - it feels cheap and not comfortable at all. 3.) KIA Drive-wise - Although it can be deactivated, I still have it on the mid-setting; meaning the vehicle actually still tries to steer itself - just not comfortable with this technology yet. If you are an experienced automotive shopper, you can find good deals knowing the advantages of leasing / re-financing. Look at all options and run numbers! I highly recommend this car - go for a test drive and see for yourself!

Look out German Sport Sedans

Csmab9117, 04/29/2019
GT2 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I now have 1000 miles on my Stinger GT2 RWD and I am loving it. I have been following the Kia brand for awhile. Bought my daughter a used 2017 Kia Optima 12 mos ago. I was very impressed with the car even though it was pretty much the base model. I have like the Stinger since the 2018 introduction. Like most I had trouble thinking about paying $50k for a KIA. Well...I finally pulled the trigger on a ceramic silver with red leather interior. The color combo is great You can get good deals on the Stinger if you look for them. It is hard to find any negative road test reviews on this car. I scoured all of the YouTube reviews and everything I could find to complete my research. People love this car. Since I bought the 2nd model year I am hopeful that any problems are fixed. There are some rattle issues on the 2018 model in the hatch and sunroof. Most are being rectified by the dealers under warranty. No squeaks or rattles in my 2019. I have owned Audi's & BMW's and this car is the real deal. It has a luxury oriented ride and can be sporty when you want it too. The engine is a blast. This car moves. You might find yourself getting more speeding tickets if you are not careful. Slamming the accelerator down to merge on an on ramp is too fun. The torque is great. This thing pulls like a train. Be careful...you will pay at the pump for this type of driving style. During my break in mileage I averaged 24.2MPG with mixed highway and city driving. Not to bad for 365HP. However, putting your foot into it will put you closer to 19 - 20 MPG. Interior build quality and materials are on par with the Germans. If you really do your research and drive this car I think you will be buying one. I also have a 2006 Porsche 911S for my fun weekend car. I can tell you that the Stinger is keeping me out of my weekend drives in the 911 since it is so much fun.

12345...6