Used 2012 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Love my Soul
By Cheryl

2012 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Very roomy inside. Handles great. Good gas mileage

Perfect car for around town
By Lynette Maton

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Love the ease of ownership of this car. Super easy to park, drive and get in and out of it. Cargo space is wonderful. Steering is super easy with electric steering. Have LOVED driving this little car.

ALWAYS GETTING COMPLIMENTS ON MY EXCLAIM
By Tracy's True Review

2012 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I recommend the Plus or Exclaim if it is in your budget as lots of little extras are included. Mine has a beautiful black leather/tan interior which everyone raves about. It is a good driving car, but it is a bit bumpy of a ride. Don't expect it to drive like a sports car - it's more like a truck. Sunroof has been great! I would not hesitate to buy another Kia Soul Exclaim.

First kia
By Daniel

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in 2012 and have never taken it back to the dealer for anything and its been 5 years. Our most reliable car ever. It is extremely easy to get in and out of, easy to park and with folding seats you can carry a lot of cargo. It's just a good solid inexpensive car with reasonable amount of pep. I'd say its not a long trip car, but an almost perfect around town car. The one thing we miss is a back-up camera.

Engine blew and Kia wont fix in their recall
By Davena Johnson

2012 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my 2012 kia soul. But the odometer just flipped to 100k and the engine blew while I was driving on the interstate with my grandson. Kia has had my car for about 3 weeks. They currently have a recall for 1. 2 million cars with the same engine issue, but since my car is not on the recall list, they are refusing to fix my engine. I see in a previous review someone else experienced the same issue and said a recall was issued after they'd already sold their car. Is anyone aware of that recall information?