Used 2005 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

10 is OLD
By infcont

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the van from our friend whose wife had died. The van was 2 years old, low mileage and well maintained. All went pretty well until the warranty expired! We had done routine maintenance and minor problems. Went for the inspection sticker and it failed (first time in my life that's happened and been driving over 50 years!) Went to Kia per our mechanic. After 2 or 3 visits and megabucks, it finally passed (replace the 2-yes, two- catalytic converters and some other problems they found). Since then we've replaced the compressor - twice, replaced rear heating lines, and the final blow - the engine broke (thought it sounded like the compressor went again. The 2005 Sedona has less than 55,000 miles!!! Guess we won't get another like we planned.

Great van at a very cheap price
By Joe Sciarrone

Zero trouble

Decent vehicle
By Melissa

2005 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There tend to be problema with the the front breaks on this can. I have had to have them replaced many times.

large blind spots and continual engine light on
By Lora Mirick

2005 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 kia sedona from a private used car (not KIA) dealer. God bless that dealer! For most of the first year he had the van back and forth trying to get and keep the engine light off. Everything from power steering just letting go to exhaust o2 sensors. They had a hard time just trying to get the parts needed. Here is a list of some of the work done to the van: throttle repair, piece by piece until the whole unit was done, almost every o2 sensor on the car, power steering master cylinder let go, exhaust work, lubed manual sliding side doors multiple times still having problems, starter died, drivers power window motor stopped working, valve cover gasket leaked oil into spark plug well. And in my opinion one of the worse problems with the van are the blind spots! Something you can't change or repair. I have noticed a large blind spot on the right front view. Where the rear view mirror is and the roof support are mounted. The two put together make a large area where you can't see anything coming. I almost had multiple accidents because of this. Give me my old Dodge grand caravan any day!

Traded Lemon Y2000 Grand Caravan for 0meter Sedona
By WIKI

2005 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Y-2000 grand caravan having less than 50,000 miles for $7500, it was a lemon, its AC didn't get fixed even by Chrysler dealer, lots of problems, i wanted to trade it in to buy Honda Odyssey, but they were expensive $18000 for used van under 60000 miles and they put Grand Caravan value under $2000, I visited KIA dealer, they trade in my Van for $6500 for brand new o meter 2005 KIA Sedona, I bought it in MARCH 2005 and to this day, it is amazing, i blindly trusted the foreign brand but it proved to have reliability, now i have 156,000 plus miles on it and no sign of any engine or transmission problems. Its shocks are still behaving like a new Van, i will say it is over design, bad in mileage but gives you 300 miles in a 16-17 gallon tank, this is the only bad side but overall it paid off my buy.