Used 2005 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

15 years 90,000 miles 15,000 in repairs
By Jeffrey

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Be prepared for 2000.00 plus per year in fixes

10 is OLD
By infcont

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the van from our friend whose wife had died. The van was 2 years old, low mileage and well maintained. All went pretty well until the warranty expired! We had done routine maintenance and minor problems. Went for the inspection sticker and it failed (first time in my life that's happened and been driving over 50 years!) Went to Kia per our mechanic. After 2 or 3 visits and megabucks, it finally passed (replace the 2-yes, two- catalytic converters and some other problems they found). Since then we've replaced the compressor - twice, replaced rear heating lines, and the final blow - the engine broke (thought it sounded like the compressor went again. The 2005 Sedona has less than 55,000 miles!!! Guess we won't get another like we planned.

Great van at a very cheap price
By Joe Sciarrone

Zero trouble

Decent vehicle
By Melissa

2005 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There tend to be problema with the the front breaks on this can. I have had to have them replaced many times.

large blind spots and continual engine light on
By Lora Mirick

2005 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 kia sedona from a private used car (not KIA) dealer. God bless that dealer! For most of the first year he had the van back and forth trying to get and keep the engine light off. Everything from power steering just letting go to exhaust o2 sensors. They had a hard time just trying to get the parts needed. Here is a list of some of the work done to the van: throttle repair, piece by piece until the whole unit was done, almost every o2 sensor on the car, power steering master cylinder let go, exhaust work, lubed manual sliding side doors multiple times still having problems, starter died, drivers power window motor stopped working, valve cover gasket leaked oil into spark plug well. And in my opinion one of the worse problems with the van are the blind spots! Something you can't change or repair. I have noticed a large blind spot on the right front view. Where the rear view mirror is and the roof support are mounted. The two put together make a large area where you can't see anything coming. I almost had multiple accidents because of this. Give me my old Dodge grand caravan any day!