Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used XJ-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
    4.75 out of 5 stars

WOW!

eshipman, 02/18/2012
    XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car last summer (2011) on a whim. It had 140K miles but only cost 5K. WOW! FUN to drive. Even with 140K miles is still tight, dependable, runs great & drives oh so smooth. I am looking forward to upgrading to a 2008 or 2009 in the next year.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great Vehicle:

James, 12/04/2010
    XJ Sport 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my XJ8 used with about 34,000 miles on it, and have been extremely pleased with the XJ8 all around, performance, ride and drive, comfort and convenience, and have had no major problems with this vehicle whats so ever it still feels as solid and secure as the 1st day I drove it and was sold buy the way it drove period, and now understand what all these owners have in common and why the reviews are always so good on the 2003 XJ8.

2003 Vanden Plas-beautiful!

WL, 02/24/2003
    Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my '03 Vanden Plas late last year and it's been wonderful. I was lucky to get it because my dealer informed me that production of the Vanden Plas has stopped for a while. I was sad to hear it because I think that the only car that can out shine the beauty of a Vanden Plas is maybe a Rolls Royce. What I couldn't believe is that these Jags are still hand assembled in England (woodwork and all.) I can't tell you how many comments I've received on my car. It's been wonderful. Classic British luxury at it's best.

5 out of 5 stars

Elegant, stylish and sexy.

Joseph J. Young, 06/03/2018
    updated 12/04/2018
    XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Only those who really know cars will buy a Jaguar XJ8. These are well thought out designs and every component seems to be carefully made...but not the cup holders. The next time you look at cars have a careful look at a Jaguar instead. You'll notice certain details like the four square jack stands that are in just in the right place and the hood ornament that tells you exactly where the front end is and the silky feel of the steering and controls and the exuberance of the V8 and the solidness of its chassis and structure and the excellent lighting. The big cat's proportions are correct in the 2003 version. Put it up on a lift and you'll notice right away that it's built like a brick. This Jaguar is the best car I've ever owned.

4 out of 5 stars

4.38 out of 5 stars

Great at a good price

trexville, 04/08/2004
    Super V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I paid $41k for a 2003 XJR in 3/2004 and figured it was a great price to sample a car I have always liked from afar. At $41k I'm super, super pleased but don't know if I would have been so pleased if I had to pay close to the sticker price. The car looks great and drives great. But you get more bells and whistles with the Japanese and German luxury cars, so if that's important, I might look elsewhere. However, there's no beating the Jaguar styling inside and out. This car has big-time personality -- all that wood and leather and its feline exterior make for a scrumptious package.