Used 2003 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

Almost crashed
By Maureen Lawson

2003 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

While turning left , at a slow speed , my car suddenly accelerated. In order to avoid 2 pedestrians, I turned my car into the curb. I immediately turned off my ignition. This demon car had a mine of its own! One of the pedestrians said my front wheels locked while my rear wheels were spinning. I was only a few houses from my residence. Very scary! I could have easily killed myself and the 2 pedestrians. The car is in the shop, but I’m too afraid to drive this unpredictable car.

S type R
By Dave Moran

2003 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Great!

Great Car If You Can Find a Good One
By Richard

2003 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

If you like the way the car looks and drives and can find one with relatively low miles, that has been maintained and hasn't been too abused, go for it. I'm happy that I did. The S Type from 2003 on has an improved drive train, interior, and reliability. Stay on top of leaks and maintenance and it should hold up fine. The car drives super smooth and with the NA 4.2 V8 is pretty quick. If you want to have the most elegant car at the drag strip go for the R model, if you don't like to drive fast a V6 model is the most plentiful and still has 240 HP for passing other cars. Ford has made Jaguar a better car and much more reliable than the ones from the 80's and 90's, going from the bottom of the reliability lists to the top. With the rear seats folded down there is a lot of storage in back, making it practical too. Don't use the car for carrying gravel or firewood though, the car is too dignified for that. Because most people think that a Jaguar is going to explode at any moment they are a bargain for what you get too.

A great luxury car value after New wears off
By Dave Collett

2003 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

18 months after buying this Jag, and 17.000 miles, I still really enjoy driving it. I was amazed to find, on long, 75 mph desert highways that the mileage with this V8 went over 40 mpg consistently; that included 5,000 - 8,000 foot changes in altitude.

At 83,000, I started to lose coils (COP). after 3 failed done separately, I did the other 5 in a batch. You don't have to pay $169 each at a dealer. The coils are available online for as little as $18 each. Of course, the first 3 I bought were "I need it now" and purchased from Autozone for $50 each. Not that bad. First failure I replaced the spark plug too, but it was in such nice shape I didn't on the other 7 cylinders, and my performance and mileage are still good.

sassy kiytty
By gaylen d.frye

2003 Jaguar S-Type R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

bought this car from a female friend.i'm the third owner.this car is wicked fast.definitly an eye catcher from both sexes. my first british car and so far so good.awesome car.