Used 2002 Jaguar S-Type Consumer Reviews

Used S-Type for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great Car To Own

VitoD13, 06/05/2009
V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car, did my homework on it and it was well worth the purchase. I had to put some bucks in it because I purchased used private, but overall the car is awesome - I love it. Fun to drive and having Caddy's and BMW's and Benz, I really think this car holds up to them and I feel better driving it because the look is nice, the style stands out.

Love it! Tons of fun!!

Jag Man, 06/02/2008
V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 4.0L and it is awesome. It has a beautiful black interior and a captivating silver exterior. It turns heads everywhere and people think we are rich. With the right gas it gets 28 mpg with its nearly 300 hp. The quality is incredible and it feels like an extension of your body.

I love my Jag

Love my Jag, 06/05/2009
V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my used Jag with 40000 miles in April 2009. Since then a few minor repairs, nothing crazy, but the ride and the looks are all worth it. Hitting 80 mph is too easy - watch out for the police because I have been at 105mph several times, turning heads is easy with this car.

A great second car!

Old Irish, 01/01/2018
V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to disclaimer this. I am a long time Jaguar owner/collector, biased to the marque. We bought this car from a local dealer we know because we temporarily needed another car in the household. I bought it with 115,000 miles on it and put almost another 10,000 on it over 2+ years of ownership. I bought this car because it was a one owner, well maintained car. My advice on buying an older Jag sedan is that if you don't know the service history, assume it's going to need major service, which can be expensive. Even so, they will require a degree of maintenence as components reach the end of their serviceable life. During my ownership I replaced the driver sear module, replaced brakes and the ignition switch. I bought a Sport model with the 3.0 six, a nice engine with great torque and moves this car down the road well. When I first drove the S-Type in 2000, I thought it was the best handling sedan I had driven. The Sport model with better suspension and seats didn't disappoint. A lovely car to drive. Four of us traveled comfortably on a 1,000 mile road trip. These cars are now over a decade and a half old. Great value for money if you get the right one, choose wisely!

2002 S-Type 4.0

Jim, 06/29/2007
V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very fun car to drive. Limited interior space. It has been a very reliable car with over 75,000 miles since new the only maintenance has been regular service a new battery and 1 ignition coil (covered under warranty).

12345...6