Used 2014 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

Worst car I've ever owned
By Kyle

2014 INFINITI Q50 Hybrid Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

I had 2007 Infiniti M35 for 7 years and over 185,000 miles. The Bluetooth was useless, it went through brakes pretty fast and gas mileage wasn't great, but other than that it was a great car. So, when it was time to get a new car, I bought the first model year of the Q50 hybrid. Over the life of the car the drive-by-wire steering failed, the audio system never worked properly, the Bluetooth was useless, the transition from electric to gas was very rough, the gas engine would suddenly rev up while sitting at a stop light shaking the car, the car would actually speed up if you didn't push down on the brake hard enough, the car would shudder when accelerating out of a turn with neither gas nor electric engine knowing what to do and the mud flaps kept falling off. I participated in two Nissan factory studies on engine performance and the exhaust system, which really made me feel like I was driving the beta version of this car. After being told repeatedly "that's just the way the car was designed", I learned to live with all its deficiencies. I was planning on selling the car before 100,000 miles, but since it hadn't really held its value very well, I decided to just drive it into the ground. I didn't have to wait very long. At 101,806 miles, 1,806 miles beyond the warranty, the hybrid battery overheated and needed to be replaced. (I was one of 5 towed into the dealership that day with the same problem.) That "part" cost $12,000! With labor to install it, the total price was going to be $14,000. The appraisal I'd gotten from CarMax just 200 miles earlier was $11,000. Obviously it made no sense to repair it. The dealership, Infiniti of Montclair, had no interest in helping me and suggested I get an attorney to escalate the matter. Despite having owned and faithfully serviced Infiniti cars for the previous 11 1/2 years, Infiniti consumer affairs refused to buy the car back for a fair trade-in value or to even help out on the cost of the new battery. I wound up having to sell this $50,000 luxury automobile with 101,806 miles on it for salvage value. DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER INFINITI PRODUCT.

Life with my Q50
By Steven Centeno

2014 INFINITI Q50 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This car is great. I love the look and performance. The one and only draw back is that you only have the car charging station in the armrest and that there is only 2.

Four Years and Loving My Q50
By Anita

2014 INFINITI Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this car new in 2014 and I have loved every minute of the four years! This car is awesome and fun to drive. This is my first Infiniti and I will purchase another, but I just don't want to part with the 3.7L V6 just yet. I shopped around for other premium sedans and found that for the styling, technology, performance and price, the Q50 is great!

Awesome car!
By Pee

2014 INFINITI Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I’ve had this car for quite a while now and I still really enjoy it. The performance is great, engine is very strong, transmission is super smooth and the brakes work very well too. The seats can be uncomfortable on longer rides, my FX had much comfier ones. I have a spare tire and the trunk is a lot smaller which is a little inconvenient at times. The headlights work extremely well and are very bright. The navigation isn’t bad in my opinion but I don’t use it much. It also annoys me that you can’t use it while driving but I guess that’s common. The car takes about a minute or two to boot up but it doesn’t bother me. I’ve never tried to use the apps so I can’t comment on that. The car has given me zero issues as far as reliability and I don’t intend it to. I’ve never had an issue with my previous Infiniti’s. The back wheels tend to slip a little in wet weather but it does handle good in the snow. Overall I would recommend and I think it makes a great used car

Best car ever
By Travis

2014 INFINITI Q50 Hybrid Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

This is the best driving car I've ever owned. I have driven it a little over 5,000 miles and on a couple long trips. The only issue has been once the steering pulled to the the left and a few weeks later to the right, like the front was out of alignment. Both times it was random and went away after a few minutes. This car is very quick, nimble and fun to drive. I especially like merging into fast moving traffic. The acceleration will push you firlmy into your seat. Perhaps if you drove this car on a track the drive by wire steering would be an issue, but for everyday street driving its been great. Also, the brakes are “grabby” but are fine once you get used to them.