Used 2002 INFINITI I35 Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 INFINITI I35 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (143 reviews )

Great
By Judy Krausser

2002 INFINITI I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 12 years & would still keep it, but my daughter needs a car.

Dont buy this car
By curtis

2002 INFINITI I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my used car with 150,000 miles on it. it is now august, a year later with 22,000 more miles on it. I've had to buy a new alternator, my seat wouldnt move back and forth for about a month or two, my window is stuck - the battery went out the motor, my breaks went out on me, my motor mounts are failing, my ignition coil is bad, and i have a oil leak. the car drives nice when it wants to, but i dont recommend it to anyone for a first car. oh, i forgot to mention i had to buy a new battery as well...all within a year. dont buy nissan products. had i known this car was going to give me all this trouble, i would not have bought it and left it at the dealership.

Not worth it...
By Vic

2002 INFINITI I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You will find these cars with a low price, too good to be true? Yup. I bought my 2002 I-35 in 2013 with 45,000 miles for $9,000. It was immaculate. I put a bunch of miles (40,000) and in 2 years it started to fall apart. Dealer gave me $2,000 because it had every recall issue and some. Motor mounts, seatbelt stick, power seat failure, o2 sensor, and when the pump failed, I said forget it. I drive 20,000 miles per year. I owed $7,000, so I lost $5,000 and vowed to never buy a Nissan product again.

Endearment
By Paul

2002 INFINITI I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is just my experience with this car. I bought the car with 128k, few cosmetic issues but over all seemed like a pretty nice ride. The second day after purchasing the car it would not start, had it towed to the dealer and they told me i needed to replace some battery harness cable, starter, alternator, and a few more items, honestly cant remember them all. After all that the car never went more than 2 weeks without the engine light coming on. Blew 2 ignition coils, catalytic converter, a few sensors. Car had many oil leaks. The car is very expensive to maintain with high miles. Spent roughly $2500 in repairs over the course of a year. But some how you manage to overlook all the faults the car had, because you love this car. Yes it broke down all the time and costs you a lot of money to maintain, but when you drive this car you feel like a million bucks, even with the paint fading, and the bumper falling off, the light smoke slipping out of the cracks of the hood, the duck tap covering the huge rips in the leather. It just all depends on whats important to you...

BEST ENGINES EVER
By dtagani16

2002 INFINITI I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To be honest i never liked infiniti before this car. It has opened my eyes to extreme reliability. I bought mine used with 140K on it dealer maintained with records. I have never been stuck with this car ever. Has it had minor issues yes but being a DYI guy i fixed most of it myself. The engine and tranny are great i am at 200K right now and have tried to beat the car up and still it goes strong. I would recommend this car to anyone as it is one of the most reliable engines out there. Infiniti will get more business from me in the future.

Power interior engine reliability

Handeling could use some imporvement also giving the passenger option for more room as i have noticed a lot of infiniti vehicles are tight for a taller driver.