Used 2005 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews - 341 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Decent car, not worth the money
By Randy

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

For the prices these cars are going for and the price i paid for it ($11,000) it is not worth it. For starters it suffers from several issues that are common with the model. Some of these common issues are the window motors, the interior falling apart, and burning oil. For the Manual transmission one some gears grind and in mine it was 5th gear. For as much money that these cars cost, the quality is subpar. Yes, the engine is strong but you'll encounter some issues that are ridiculous. In mine specifically, the ABS pump went bad. I know people that have cars with 2 or 3 hundred thousand miles and i have a couple friends who are mechanics and they were all amazed that the ABS pump would go bad. My car had 120,000 miles on it. Also it was having electrical issues which led me to just trade it in for a newer car. There were many things i loved about this car, since the day i first saw it on the road as a little kid, I always wanted one and i was stoked when i finally was able to buy one. The car is fast and the V6 is a great motor. BUT, i was very disappointed at the bad quality as a whole for the car. I dont recommend if it's going to be your main source of transportation.

Hands up on G35!
By Jackie Francois

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

look at the mileage first! after certain 13 years, the g35 will start to show signs of wear and tear. Infiniti G35 that I love so much has accumulated numerous issues even problems. if you work on your g35 yourself, then its constantly going to need a lot of tender loving care. if you do not keep up with maintenance, your G35 will alert you with a warning. security issues are usually the biggest problems, my back trunk won't open, learn about your vehicle. do a full diagnostic, to be honest, I change my own fuel pump, recently.excited the many things you can do to your G35, upgrades are important, any little changes can benefit or upset your g35. MAINTENANCE PEOPLE, maintenance.

2005 G35 - my perfect 13 yr old car
By KCM

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 13 years. It's been a fun and amazing vehicle. It almost has 100k miles on it now and we've kept up the maintenance and has never had a serious issue. Still looks great and runs like a champ. Have been considering buying a new car but feel like nothing would compare to the sporty fun and reliability of my G35!

Best car I've owned, and I've had BMW, Volvo, Saab
By Lew Flagg

2005 INFINITI G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

And other great cars. The Infiniti is now my wife's primary car, but she still let's me drive it from time to time. I like a sporty handling car, and this is it, firm but not harsh. People think I have a new car and don't believe it is 12 years old with 152,000 miles on it. I'd like to replace it, but I'm having trouble prying my wife's hands off the steering wheel.
Finally in the Spring of 2018, when the car was 13 years old with 155,000 miles on the odometer, I traded the Infiniti for a Subaru Legacy, partly because the nearest Infiniti dealer here in Maine is 45 miles away.

My 2005 Infiniti G35X Sedan (Great Luxury Car)
By Nissan Guy

2005 INFINITI G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2005 Infiniti G35X (All Wheel Drive) sedan with 94,000+ miles on it on the beginning of August 2016. This car is my daily driver. It was in great condition and I really love the way this car drives. Especially, the roar of the muffler. I had this vehicle toward the end of summer and now through the fall and winter. It handles well on dry and wet roads. I love the stiff suspension and the the heated seats, mirrors, power everything and cool features like the ability to (by factory remote) lower all four windows down at the same time as your walking towards your vehicle. This model came without the navigation system which was okay with me. So, I read a lot about these cars on various forums specific to the G35. Let me start off by saying my gas mileage was horrible initially. I was averaging about 14 mpg in the city and highway. So, I reset the trip computer by simply disconnecting the battery for over an hour which rest the computer. Afterward, I drove moderately around the city and on the highway. In other words, I didn't punch it at every single stop,etc... My mileage improved to over 20 mpg in the city and highway. The system adjusts itself to the driver. So, if you really push this car all the time you will get poor gas mileage. If you test it's ability on occasion you'll get good gas mileage. BTW, I suggest sticking with the premium gas. It's just better for performance. Oil consumption happens with the engines as you get around 100k. It will burn about a quart of oil every 1,500-2000 miles. It's normal. Nothing to be alarmed about. I'm using conventional oil but will probably change to high mileage. Others use synthetic oil but I had a lot of leak issues with a Maxima when I turned to it. If your car hasn't been using synthetic I would suggest not using it when it has higher mileage. The brake issues heard about with these cars can be remedied by buying after market brakes and pads instead of the defective Nissan. Overall, the car gives you the luxury and ride of a BMW and Mercedes at a fraction of the repair cost. After all, you're riding in a Nissan. A Nissan that was engineered to compete with those European cars. For a car thats 12 years old it's still gets looks. Now, it doesn't have usb ports so you'll have to add. I had to use a plug in phone holder through the cigarette lighter because there really isn't a good place to put your phone. And i have my usb port through it. Oh, and every instrument light in the car is amber color. Basically a light orange. Some people hate it. Others like it or their indifferent to it. Personally, I think it's okay.I like the car too much to worry about something that trivial. Nissan didn't make it all red because they didn't want to copy BMW and Mercedes. If you want a solid sedan with 280 horse power that won't be super expensive to fix, this is the vehicle for you. Keep in mind, with any used car you buy it's important to get one in good condition. This car can last for over 200,000 miles and I plan to keep mine for another 100,000+ miles.