Used 2016 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Great value!

Steve F, 11/05/2018
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In the mid size sedan entry, it really came down to the Sonata or the Camry. I chose the Sonata because it was more aggressively priced than similar Camry's. I was not disappointed. Mileage on a recent trip was 39.8 mpg! Comfort of ride was my top priority; and this mid sized sedan rides like a full size sedan. It's not a "hot rod" and you're not going to blow anyone off the line with it; but I don't care about that. For me , a great value!

Watch your spare

walter arnold, 09/20/2016
Eco 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

no spare tire only a repair kit(

Nice value for money

Makarand amondikar, 09/07/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

SONATA IS good car to buy and use the features.are.great and technology is most latest for the same range of cars . I found more.sporty and powerfully than accord smooth and silent operations. Overall great value for money.

Worth every Penny spent on this Car.

Satya, 11/19/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2016 Sonata SE base model which comes with Fabric seats and 7" screen and 16" alloy wheels default. Car is So Good. Seat feels little elevated compared to other sedans on roads and can feel that thrill. Fuel economy is Fantastic. I drive local and freeway and get a combined economy of 30 MPG which is great for car of this size and for long freeway drive it would actually go up to 36 MPG. Steering feels so good and comfortable, Controls mounted on steering are easy to play around. Shifter operating is so smooth. Apple carplay helps my phone displayed virtually on the screen and it is easy to operate around. Getting In & Out of car is easy, If you would like to go for a bigger sedan I would recommend Sonata. They have best in the Industry warranty. I personally enjoy the vehicle in each drive.

I would drive 2000 miles, I would drive 2000 more!

PapaVanTwee, 07/25/2017
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was packing up the family and heading to New York/New Jersey for vacation. I decided to rent a car, since both of my cars are older. I was given a base model in blue, a very stunning blue too! Let me get the bad things out of the way, because they are minor. While the seats are comfortable, the center stack infringes into the driver space right where my knee would like to go. The car has great cruise control, and lights in the instrument cluster to tell you when it is on and when it is set. The car also has a great information screen in the middle of that cluster. While that screen shows changes for wiper speed, wiper intermittent speed, gear selection, and probably a couple other things I'm missing, it doesn't tell you what speed you set the cruise to. It seems like this would be easy, so I thought it odd that it didn't. And what is it with cars and the high setting on the HVAC fan? A car this quiet should not have a fan this loud. Otherwise the car was great for the almost 2000 miles we drove it. It was quiet, the ride was smooth, road noise was minimal even when the fan was not on high. The stereo system was basic, and the screen was small, but information on it was easy to read. I paired my phone (and made sure to delete it when done) and it worked well as a hands-free system. I don't think music worked through Bluetooth, but I had my charging cable with me anyway, and using it "docked" my iPhone, and the music played through that. Sound of the stereo was great. Local radio stations, even in the mountains, was good. It had XM, and only in the mountains did we have problems with signal. The trunk swallowed all we put in it, although I had to use my Tetris skills since we brought so much. My car had 3 driving modes, Eco, Sport and "" (nothing showed on the dash). I kept it in Eco, and while it would have to search for a gear when I needed to get up and go (it would be in or near that gear in sport) acceleration once that was sorted was really good. Dispatching left lane hogs on the highways of Pennsylvania was easy, a blip of the throttle and a few seconds, and I could jump from 55 to 80. Overall, a really good car, I was sad to see it go at the end. I finished with about 30mpg (miles/gallons, not from the computer), at an average speed of 45 mph (from the computer). My highway stints got me 36.5 mpg from Indy to New Jersey, and an amazing 40 mpg on the way back on a flatter route. In mixed driving I still got 26 mpg.

12345...13