Used 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Ioniq Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Super car !

Kaushal, 06/08/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I have refueled this car twice so far and each time it has given me over 60 miles per gallon ! I own the hybrid (not plug-in) and love the car for its driver seat legroom, smooth drive, mileage and cargo room. Its an amazing hybrid car from Hyundai !

Money Pit

Jamie, 09/01/2019
Blue 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I bought a 2017 Ioniq - first one sold in New Mexico. Two years later this car stopped working. Literally STOPPED working. It has been in and out of the shop for over 4 months. They have replaced everything and have no idea what’s wrong with it. I have a case manager with the national office who essentially said all they could do is pay for my rental. Most recently, the car was in the shop for almost a month. I drove it to dinner and back and it almost broke down on the way home. While driving it shuts down. That’s right... imagine driving in a busy street and your car just shuts off! Completely unsafe. It’s a miracle I haven’t been in an accident. I’m terrified to drive it. I can’t take the highway. This car is terrible. I bought it new and two years later it isn’t drivable. I still owe 15K on the car and Hyundai doesn’t care. This is the worst financial decision I’ve ever made. Please please please do not buy this car. Hyundai does not stand behind their vehicles and in no way do I feel valued as a customer. Not to mention, one day I will stall in the middle of an intersection (again) and this time one of the other drivers won’t be able stop. I hope my family holds Hyundai responsible. Save yourself, save a friend, buy any other vehicle from any other manufacturer.

Two Weeks' Impression

Rudy, 01/15/2018
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I bought my Ioniq about two weeks ago as a replacement for my `02 VW Golf TDI. I would have gone with another TDI, but I can't get a brand new one due to the emission scandal. My `02 TDI consistently hit low 50's mpg, or better, when temps were above 32 F. It hit 305,000 miles before I decided to replace it. I'm hopeful the Ioniq will make me forget my love affair with TDIs. I chose Ioniq because of the mpg, longer warranty, and 0% financing. I live in Minnesota and picked my Hyundai up just before New Years day. It's been at 0 degrees F or lower and my Ioniq is averaging 40 mpg in the first few tank-fuls in this cold weather. My biggest problem/concern is the windows fog/frost up, even when it's just me in the car. Cracking a window or two helps, but doesn't eliminate it. The heater just doesn't seem to "put out" like my TDI did. It reminds me of an old `83 Honda Civic I once owned ... had to carry a window scraper to keep the insides of the windows clear. The low mpg's when cold and this window frosting are big disappointments for me. I can get by with the low mileage during the winter months, as long as it jumps to the upper 50s-low 60s when winter eases ... like everyone else seems to be getting. I've read about the frost build-up. Sounds like it could be "new car" moisture that may ease with time. Another site suggested using Rain-X on the inside of the windows (haven't tried it yet). I gotta be able to see out to feel safe, so this better be treatable, or I'll be eager to move on to something else sooner, rather than later. I like the car otherwise. I like the ride, how it handles, and the inside feels roomy for a small car. Head-room looks like it would be an issue, but everyone in my family is under 6' tall so it works well. It would be a problem if I were a little taller, though! I don't have a smart phone, so the technology side of the options don't mean much to me. The heater controls will take time to get used to ... I have to look down and taggle through the options frequently. This pulls my eyes off the road. I liked my VW because everything stuck out like Braille, so I could do it without even looking down. The finger-tip controls on the wheel for the radio and monitoring the mileage/driving economy/etc is nice. It makes me wonder ... can the heater controls be put on the wheel too? Overall, I like the car ... but haven't fallen in love with it yet. Time will tell ...

This car ROCKS!

Carrie A., 10/08/2017
SEL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I can’t say enough about this vehicle. Loaded with features, incredible gas mileage, and at a reasonable price for all that you get. My only issue is I’m having trouble getting the navigation to work. Probably user issues.

Gas miser!

Raymond, 04/19/2018
Blue 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Bought car new. Storage, ride and drivability better than expected. Just returned from an out of state trip. Went 622 miles, 10 hrs of driving on 1 tank of gas! Was cheaper and the warranty much better than competitors. Very happy with purchase. Now have 10,000 miles on car, still 60+ mpg. Hasn’t let me down yet. 2 vacations loaded with gear and kayaks. Plenty of room could still see out back window. With load mpg dropped to 48 still great 30,000 miles. Still over 60 mpg in summer. 50 mpg in winter. No problems, great car

12345...8