Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Better than expected
By Roberts

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon has been very reliable car nothing major has ever gone wrong with this model I’ve been very pleased gas mileage is low 16 to 20

300K on this Monster and Still Going
By CMRVA

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

To explain- I purchased this used with only 10K miles in 2006 for under $30K (Was listed at $52 when new). For the time this was plush, all leather, big capacity for people and cargo. It always got about 16MPG, and at the time with little kids, I needed room more than saving 3-4 MPG on a foreign SUV with tight quarters. The legroom was so good, I can't to this day find the same in a smaller SUV, although I just purchased a Toyota Highlander to downsize as my kids are grown and gone. To be fair, 6 years ago I had to replace the engine at 166K (Blue smoke, dealer said he could not rebuild the engine for under $3900. Bought brand new GMC replacement engine and had it installed for $6000, because I thought that was better than making payments. I'm now at 285K so I have 120K miles on the new engine. A wonderful ride, sluggish when you need to step on the gas on the highway, feels like a pickup truck then. Still for $34K ($28 originally and $6K for the engine) a great deal. Have not needed to replace much, starter, batteries, never needed a brake job! Even now as I sell it, it is pretty nice. Paint held up for 10 years, still shines. Typical GMC with a couple of electrical issues (Seat heater stopped working, big LED bar in back needed to be replaced) but overall glad I had it in my family for a decade. Edit- Never did sell it, gifted to my 25 year old son, he sold his Subaru, needed a big vehicle to haul band equipment. Spark Plugs and wire job at 300K (150K on new engine). Transmission has slipped for last 150K but still holding up.

Awesome
By Kp

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I love it. Having this truck, I'm able to move through Chicago winters with ease. Only issue is the speedometer, which reads wrong at times but heard this is common with the GMC trucks

Awesome!
By AJ

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle. Now has 60,000 miles on it. White with tan Leather. It is a fully loaded Denaili, lots of options. A lot of fun to drive. Great power. Seats are extremely comfortable with plenty of room. Has been very reliable, only thing was the sunroof motor went at 55,000 miles, dealer fixed it at no cost. Gas mileage isn't good only getting 12 mpg but expected with a big V8. Overall great vehicle and Highly recommended.

Moonroof. Navigation. AWD. Rear entertainment. First and second row heated seats. Bose stereo. Style. Ride.

Second row sunroof. Interior dash is nice but could be updated which they did on the '07. Center gear shifter. Automatic liftgate.

You Can Yukon Too
By P Fred

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! I needed a larger vehicle to haul many people and many things around. I can seat nine people comfortably! My front seating area has the optional third seat or the console flips down as an arm rest or acts as a pass through for handing items to passengers in the middle seats. True, the gas mileage is bad, but I like being up off the roadway. I am glad for the auto lock on the keyring which allows me to either unlock just the driver door only or hit it twice to unlock all doors. Seats flip up in third row for additional cargo space. I use every bit of this vehicle and would definitely buy another.

Computerized maintenance alert updates on the driver's instument panel along with tire pressure notification.

Heavier window tint on front driver and front passenger windows. Make GPS optional