2017 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

So far, so good!
By Mike

2017 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Cabin is comfortable, fairly roomy for a smaller vehicle, but not much in the way of storage compartments. Handling is nimble, very compliant. This vehicle is "peppy" enough around town and actually fun to drive - but not a lot of "giddy up" when merging onto the highway. Ford annoyingly chose to leave out a way to switch off interior cargo LED's.

most uncomfortable vehicle ever
By Ken

2017 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors SWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle forced upon me by my company. DO NOT get the vinyl seats!!! If you're 5'11" or taller you will be uncomfortable regardless of which seats you choose. My company ordered the XL model, which is a step above the Flintstone's car. It has absolutely nothing up front. If you're planning on getting shelving installed, choose very carefully and keep in mind that your workers cannot be kept to cookie cutter rules. Storage space is definitely not one size fits all. My work is not the same as Joe's work so why do we have identical vehicles? I can't fit my tools in this thing because they put so many shelves in it. My tools are too big for the shelves. If you like to drive with your arm on the door you could forget it. They put this weird trim on it to give it a curved look that forces your arm forward and punishes you for trying by digging into your elbow. The armrest is too low on the door and the armrest on the seat has a mind of its own, comes out of adjustment constantly and the only way to correct it is to turn it straight up and hope you get it right on the way back down. I've had many work vans over the last 25 years. Full size Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, minivans and pickups, this thing is by far the least usable and most uncomfortable piece of crap I've ever had the displeasure of sitting in.