Skip to main content

$43,895

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great first attempt at building a mainstream BEV

Van, 06/20/2022
Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Standard Range (electric DD)

Mine is the Premium AWD with the extended range battery. It was a 2021 when I ordered it, but it ended up being a 2022 when it was delivered. Ford honored my original order price along with any rebates and financing deals they had at the time. This included the 2021 CA Clean Air Vehicle rebate! It’s a great car with great overall build quality and features. Most of the reviews hit all of the high points, so I will list the low points that I have experienced since I took delivery of the car. I also own a Tesla Model 3 so I will compare the features against that. 1. Phone as a Key works 50% of the time when you walk up to the car and push the button to unlock. I sometimes have to kill the phone app, start it again and hold the unlock button in the app to access the vehicle. I now give up when it doesn’t unlock after the first push and use the door keypad to get in. Tesla’s Phone Key is much better and works 100% of the time. 2. Walk away lock works great and it sends you a push notification when it locks so you can be sure that it does. The phone app won’t give you a status of the lock state of the car like the Tesla app. One annoying thing I wish Ford would implement in a future update is the ability to keep the car unlocked at a location. I keep my windows open in my garage sometimes and when I go to grab something out of the car through the windows, the alarm will sound and it takes forever to turn it off with the phone app. I know I can turn off motion on the alarm, but I swear it keeps turning itself back on (which is what I’ve noticed with a few settings I’ve set). Tesla has this feature where you can set it to not auto-lock when you’re at a home location. 3. Charge settings can only be set once you plug it into the charger and set up a charge location…at least in my experience. This is annoying since I have to plug the car in before I can change the charge limit (like from 60% to 90 or 100%). Although I do like that you can fine tune the charge window for peak/off-peak charging. The Tesla lets you do this at anytime in the app, but you can only set a time to charge or a time to finish by. 4. The fixed-glass panoramic roof is nice, but could be tinted darker or have a thicker UV coating on it? It heats up the cabin quite a bit compared to the tesla’s glass roof. 5. The connected navigation is not as good as Ford’s Sync 3 version and nowhere near as good as the Tesla’s proprietary/google version.

Fun car to drive - be prepared for an EV

Mark, 02/15/2022
GT 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Extended Range (electric DD)

I have the GT with extended range and AWD. The car has excellent acceleration, especially from a start or passing. Very good handling for what is really a crossover. Large interior, also common to ev’s. I guess they stole the idea of a large touch screen from Tesla and while I’d prefer more dedicated knobs and buttons (especially for heat), you get used to where things are, just draws too much attention. Plenty of room in the back and a nice extra storage up front (aka “Frunk”) Negatives are that it’s not an SUV as advertised, no tow bar nor roof rack capabilities. New England winters drop range to about 180 + reserve (haven’t pushed it below 20 miles of range yet) so you really have to plan your travels if this is your only car. The good bit there is that Ford has a good estimating algorithm so you can at least count on the range displayed.

Electric driving

Dave F, 03/02/2022
California Route 1 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Extended Range (electric DD)

Love my Mach-e. AWD for new england weather, reasonable range and good pickup. The quiet, comfortable ride is what sold the car for me. I use the dash board almost exclusively while driving and like the large monitor for navigation. Hatch is large and cargo space is very good for trips to the grocery store and home improvement store. In the winter, the frunk is great to keep stuff cold on your way home from the store and since it has a drain, it can be filled with ice for summer drives.

Lives up to the hype

brick, 04/16/2022
California Route 1 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Extended Range (electric DD)

I received my Mach 1 California route 1 after a 6 month wait. Though I didn’t get frequent updates as to when the car would be delivered, the updates I did get were accurate. I ordered the car in iced blue metallic and was extremely pleased with the color. I have a 80 mile commute every day and the mileage has far surpassed what it is rated for. My 50 amp ChargePoint home charger works great to charge to 90% in a couple of hours. With my electric rates, it cost me $3.00 a day to travel that 80 mile daily distance - and this has been in Colorado mountain weather from 20 - 60 degrees. The car is super fun to drive and the Blue Oval system works along my whole route. Once you learn that using this system, you can drive without touching the brake or gas pedal and simply holding on to the steering wheel. Remember this is Mountain Driving between Glenwood Springs and Aspen. Keep in mind that I replaced my BMW x-4 (performance package) with the Mach E. One note. I do not have the premium stereo but it still sounds more than acceptable. The only negatives is the inability to tow and the Ford Pass App. I have learned to use the app with all of its clunkiness but definitely not as slick as the Mach E.

Cool Car

Kevin, 05/19/2022
Select 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Standard Range (electric DD)

This car is by far the coolest car I've owned. Overall, this has been a great upgrade from my 2012 Chevy Volt. I have the Comfort/Technology package. The BlueCruise takes some getting used to, but it works great on the highway. The infotainment system can be a little difficult to navigate. The best bet is to try and use voice commands when possible. Apple Carplay works really well and the integration with Apple Maps is fantastic. I'm also pretty pleased with how well Phone-as-a-Key (PAAK) works. I generally leave my car keys at home now. If you have issues with it, just open the FordPass app and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. That's resolved any issues I've had so far. The ride and handling on this vehicle are pretty good. I wish it had a little sharper turning radius, but I'm also used to driving smaller cars.