Skip to main content

$49,995

Save as much as $18,621
Select your trim:
1...

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 F-150 Lightning, so we've included reviews for other years of the F-150 Lightning since its last redesign.

Pros
    Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Next Level F-150

Erich, 09/02/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

To be truthful, I would rate it a 4.5. It's an excellent V1 e-truck. It delivers improved stability (due to weight and independent rear suspension), provides a quality trim (but not necessarily best-in-class), the build has a perfect fit & finish, it provides a convenient "Frunk" with comfortable seats, it is super quiet on roads, and a so-so Infotainment system marked by slowness and lack of multitasking capabilities, Wireless CarPlay is nevertheless a plus. Sadly the 2022 version will not be upgradable to Google Automobile OS (a big miss on Ford's part). A standard range battery is perfect for our use case (99% local driving), and as such, 110V charging is all we need due to the low mileage. The ordering process was relatively painless but not completely frictionless. As this is an F150, accessories options and availability is plentiful, which is a plus. I would have liked: 1) better cooling front seats, an option for massaging seat (non Platinum), heated rear seats (VT winters), a reclinable back seat for more comfort, and a HUD option (once upgraded to Android Car OS). Note that faster-charging capabilities are hampered by the evolving charging network, even if the truck maxes out at < 150 Kwh. In the future, and maybe once Tesla's charging network is opened to all, batteries will need to handle the 250 & 350 Kwh charges to make this truck a fantastic vehicle and worth the Extended range battery option. By the way. I forgot to mention that the F-150 whiplash fast. In conclusion, I love it and am fortunate and proud to own one, as this is our first Ford!

Best Vehicle I could have imagined

surfer88, 10/21/2022
    updated 11/08/2023
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

It’s by far the best vehicle I’ve ever owned and it far exceeds my expectations of what I thought it would be. First off, it’s ridiculously fast. That wasn’t something I expected. What I did expect was a truck that drove like a good truck. It’s far more than that. It drives buttery smooth, quiet, and zesty around turns. It’s a truck that drives like a luxury car and a sports car, if that’s possible. Also, the interior is way better than my family’s Tesla (now sold). It’s roomy, my kids love all the features, and we love how nice and high quality everything is. The only complaint for by family was the regular long antenna, so I bought an aftermarket short one. My only complaint is the FordPass app. I think they can improve the functionality of it. Hopefully they do in the future with OTA. Besides that our truck is a 10 out of 10. UPDATE: 1 Year later and this truck is a BEAST! I still love it, my family loves it, it is the best ride I could have imagined, and it has been reliable. 100% approve.

Solid Electric Truck!

Aaron Kalb, 09/16/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

The reviews are spot on, it’s everything that’s great about the F-150 and it’s got all the benefits of an electric powertrain. In the month I’ve owned the truck, the ONLY downside has been towing range. I don’t do much towing so it’s not a big deal. I’ve taken it on two 300 mile road trips and they’ve been a breeze and much cheaper than normal :)

Would be 5 star if I didn’t own a Tesla

Zhonehusker, 11/04/2023
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

Everything said by others. No Maintance, Great ride, Low daily cost (about $0.07 per mile charging at home). Had my standard range Lariat for 6 months and 11,000 miles. As I mentioned I also own a 2023 Tesla Model Y performance. Tesla is 10 years ahead of Ford understanding how to make an everyday electric vehicle. Ease of use not even close. The Tesla screen and menu. 4 hours we had it. The ford screen/buttons/levers still learning the thing. Way to much useless stuff (like power button and separate buttons and levers for everything; that don’t correspond to control screen. The charge network on road trip better do your homework. I highly suggest you don’t trust the ford charger route. Go to Plugshare (or other similar app) put in real ranges (especially if wet or cold or really hot) I have had two pull over and find a A/C outlet incidents trusting Ford route. Tesla, don’t even think about, hit supercharger and go. So we pretty much don’t take lightening on road trips. 110ish miles maybe towing anything. But daily commute around farm truck with no maintenance and low drive cost it’s awesome and that’s what we will use it for. What Ford does do better. Ford Bluecruise is hands down better than Tesla autopilot. Ride and quiet. Way superior to Tesla.

1 out of 5 stars

Troublesome Battery of the Ford F-150 Lightning

Sukh , 09/09/2023
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

I want to share my in-depth disappointment with the Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum series that I purchased in August 2023. At first, my kids and I were over the moon about having this impressive, brand-new electric truck in our driveway. Little did we know that our excitement would soon be overshadowed by a series of issues related to the truck's battery. The saga began when my daughter decided to take the F-150 Lightning Platinum to see a movie with her friend. It was meant to be a thrilling experience, but it turned into a nightmare when the truck refused to start. This issue is not just an inconvenience; it's a glaring fault in the heart of an electric vehicle – its battery. We promptly contacted Ford's roadside assistance, and the truck was towed to one of their authorized dealerships. That's when the real trouble began. It's been a staggering two weeks, and Ford's technicians have been unable to pinpoint the problem with the truck's battery. This delay is simply unacceptable for a vehicle in this price range. The bad battery experience has left me questioning the reliability and quality of the F-150 Lightning Platinum. Electric vehicles are supposed to be the future, promising clean energy and advanced technology, but if the battery can't perform consistently, what's the point? It's disheartening to see such a high-profile model struggle with something as fundamental as a battery issue. Ford needs to step up its game in terms of battery technology and diagnostics. An electric truck like the F-150 Lightning Platinum should not leave its owners stranded or waiting for weeks for a solution. My faith in this brand and model has been significantly shaken, and I hope Ford takes these concerns seriously. In conclusion, I cannot recommend the Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum series, especially if you're looking for a dependable electric truck. Until Ford addresses the battery and reliability issues, potential buyers should think twice about making such a significant investment in a vehicle that fails to deliver on its electric promise.

1...