Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Escape Hybrid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Excellent, fuel saving vehicle

BKmonkey, 10/17/2006
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What an excellent vehicle - great response when driving and nice fuel savings. For folks wanting the space and feel of a SUV - with superb fuel economy - this is your car.

Just Turned Four

Kevin, 01/03/2010
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have posted here previously. Like others, was looking to do right thing for the environment, have some carrying capacity and seeking better mileage. About 38K mi.on the vehicle. 4WD Hybrid w/o navigation or moonroof. Has been very reliable and - depending on time of year and driving habits. . . currently about 70/30 hwy./city, it averages around 29 mpg. Better mileage in warmer months here in Pacific NW. Was quite helpful having undercarriage clearance when snow blasted Seattle for a week in 12/08. Very utilitarian since it's built on Ford Ranger frame and has continued to perform as advertised. My wife was rear-ended at about 20-25 mph a year and a half ago. Vehicle held its own.

Real owner comments

peaceman57, 12/06/2014
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this feh from auction. Mine has 180k Miles on it now, and I've seen some on auction with 220k miles. These auction are government Auctions where they drive highway miles and do the regular maintenance. I would say the vehicle is well designed. Though this vehicle has been quite reliable, I would recommend to buy a non hybrid Vehicle. If there is a need for a major repair, expect to pay more if you need to bring it to the Dealer.

Will never change

Blossom, 06/06/2006
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had 2 Ford Escapes and decided to try the hybrid due to my traveling. It was mainly due to gas prices rising. I cant believe what a difference it has made in my fuel costs.The ride is wonderful and I have enjoyed learning how to use the navigation system. The warranty on both the engine and battery system is super. I haven't had a bit of trouble with the 2 previous Escapes and I don't expect any with this one!

BEST car purchase I've ever made!

Selena, 07/18/2006
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in our 2002 Escalade for the 2006 Escape; the best decision (car- wise) we've ever made. VERY fun to drive and outstanding gas mileage. We were concerned about cargo space, given the fact that our previous vehicle was so large, but we have had no problems. Cute little SUV--I would recommend it to anyone. The first time we filled up with gas, it cost us $30, and we got more mileage with one tank than we EVER got for our previous car (which held 11 gallons more!). We love the fact that we're saving on gas as well as doing our part to live a little greener.

12345...31