Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Escape Hybrid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

My "Green" Escape

T, 09/13/2006
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been wanting a hybrid vehicle for years, but they have always been too small for my needs. The Ford Escape Hybrid is perfect for my life! It's very comfortable, everything is within reach, and it's easy to get in and out. I'm below average height, so this is frequently an issue. There's enough room for everyone and the easy fold flat back seats are great for hauling our rather large dog. I do a lot of driving, so the gas savings is phenomenal, and I found that it performed like a "champ" in snowy weather last winter. As an added bonus, this has turned out to be more fun to drive than any vehicle I've ever owned!

Exactly what we hoped

ronl, 08/26/2008
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got this car to go between San Francisco and Sacramento. One city is hilly and cool, the other flat and often hot. So, we do a lot of city driving on hills, and often use the A/C. In just over 3 years and 67,000 miles, we've avg'd over 31 mpg. (For the first 5000 mi or so, we only avg'd 28 mpg. This is as expected, as there's a sort of 'burn-in' period for the engine. Since then, we've avg'd over 32 mpg.) We've never had a repair, only normal maintenance - oil change, tune-up, etc. The car rides very well, but the interior is hard to clean, especially after carrying rock, soil, compost, and straw for our yard. In short, this car has met our best expectations.

First Off The Lot

michael, 05/22/2005
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought a 2006 the day after the dealer received it. I was going to buy a 2005, but stumbled across the 2006 on the internet at the last second. It is an amazing vehicle. Early trip computer results are showing 33.5 mpg. It's amazing to drive through the subdivision at 25 mph with the tach pegged at 0, i.e. all electric drive. A money saver not usually noted is that scheduled oil changes are every 10,000 miles. Should pay for those hot summer days in Texas where you need to use max air conditioning and sacrifice a little mileage.

Love this SUV

ekiehn, 09/03/2006
4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall very pleased with the vehicle. Low maintenance as except for fuel. I spent $29.99 for the first oil change at the recommended 10,000 mile mark and that's it! Mileage is very good for and SUV of this type, averaging 31MPG combined city/hwy (weighted toward city). I know if they they allowed some tweaking of the computer I could be doing better. Worst highway mileage was around 26.4MPG from FL to South Carolina but that was with a car topper, fully loaded vehicle and doing about 10 miles/hour over posted speed limit. :) The vehicle is used for work and play and it is truly superb.

Excellent value for a small SUV

Hybrid Tom, 08/22/2008
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid looks much smaller than it is. Interior space is much more than it appears. With tax credits, the cost equaled a V-6 with 4 cylinder MPG. Overall, no problems, and lots of approval from the tree huggers.

12345...31