Used 2016 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (18 reviews )

Bad Fuel Economy In The Cold North Contry
By henry forrest

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It takes a lot of battery to power the heater and the fans... and it takes a long time for the car to warm up which makes the car on short 10 mile trips get 23mpg most of the time... 4 months out of the year. during the summer the car averages out at 43mpg and in July I did not even go to the gas station. but the electricity bill was $40 higher too. in the winter its not worth charging the car because it don't use it anyway... it says the engine needs to stay on for performance when I try to go to 100% EV mode. so I don't even try. the hybrid mode doesn't even kick in below 20 degrees on the short trips. so that's something to consider before you buy a C-Max and that the dealership wont tell you. the battery has an 8 year warrantee and will die soon after... the battery is a lithium ion they only live for 10 years or so... yes they can live longer... and if you take care of them most will but... a lot of people wont... if you don't keep a lithium ion battery between 40% and 80% for most of its life and you let it die and over charge often... your battery will die at the 10 year mark probably. but if you take care of it... keep it charge between %40 and 80% it might last the life of the car. its a good car... but I regret getting it and the competition has better cars than this.

Super Star Ford c-max energi
By Anthony

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Handles very weel. Excellent acceleration. Ride and comfort are excellent as well as minimal noise. Comfortable front seats. Could use a bit more cargo space.

So much more than I expcted!
By Amber

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went to the dealership looking at Escapes - I wanted a hatchback, "decent" gas mileage, and lots of bells and whistles. My salesman asked If I'd considered a C-Max - I was anti-hybrid prior to this but he showed me a 2015 lease turn in. First, LOTS of options! Second - Sits like a small SUV, plenty of pep, and handles beautifully with the wider tires and bigger wheels! Third - 80+ MPG is not out of the question - and between initial charge on the Energi and Hybrid backup, I see this on a pretty consistent basis. After 2400 miles of ownership, I just filled up for the 3rd time. Everyone who has ridden with me compliments the interior, quiet ride, and comfort - and then I tell them the fuel economy and they are shocked! No regrets here, I'm in love with this car!

Fun to drive
By Pat

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been very happy with the drivability and gas economy. I'm having a great time driving this car and it makes my trips to work enjoyable. I'm comfortable in the car and feel very safe.

Ford Should Promote this Car More Widely!
By AkDut

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just turned in our leased Chev Volt (lloved the technology but interior was way too small) and went looking for a roomier electric and gas car. We live in Alaska so a full electric car is a too hard to manage (few charging stations). These Energi combo vehicle works great. After looking at the new Prius and testing higher end hybrids (Avalon, Malibu, etc.) we settled on the CMax Energi for two main reasons: (a) comfort - this is a great vehicle for us and has plenty of headroom (I'm 6'2" and could not physically fit into a Toyota Avalon) and (2) Price - we got a fantastic deal on the 2016 model in January 2017... oh, and the amazing feud economy is also a given... After one month driving in temps from -20F to 37F we couldn't be happier - the car has great winter features and gets better mileage than the Volt! Oh... and I finally get to sit upright again... so why doesn't Ford promote this vehicle more actively?