Used 1995 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Dont get it!
By samantha

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I purchased it with 60000 miles, and after 7k miles it needed a head gasket and tires. The floor in the back always leaks, and in the winter the floor on the INSIDE freezes along with the trunk. I had to scrap the inside of the winsheild instead of the outside. The heat takes forever to kick in, and the paint started to chip.

Good gas mileage

Better reliability

Great Car!
By Robert20876

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

I bought car with 13,000 miles on it. Have driven it from Utah to Maryland 3 times with no problems! Cruises at 80 to 85 mph all day with no problem. 12 hr drive days are great, not tired at the end. Car has over 130,000 miles on it, and the interior still looks new! has the usual wear & tear. The only thing major was the tranny (I let the car set for 6 months while getting it licensed, this probably was not good for tranny.) I love the car. It has great handling, and gets great mileage (32 to 35 on highway, 28 around town.) Still looks good. I want to keep it for another 10 years! You can't go wrong with getting a 95 Neon!

Power, seating, handling, design, passing gear, trunk space.

A/C could be a little better.

It's A Great Little Car
By Paul

1995 Dodge Neon Sport 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Neon sport with 17k miles in 1995 and it now has 200,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt twice as well as a water pump and O2 sensor and nothing else. I am still driving with the original clutch. Of course I did tune ups, brake jobs and performed basic maintance. The car has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned and has always been a blast to drive. I would not however recommend the automatic. I don't understand why this car has such a poor resale value and poor reputation. It certainly exceeded my expectations in every way.

Fun to drive especially with the 5 speed. Great gas MPG's. I often averaged 38 mpg. Very tight and rattle free. Very reliable.

My auto trunk release never worked. The radio/cassette was marginal.

Just won't die
By dexnavigator

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr Sedan

Bought brand new because it was much more powerful and fun to drive than the Civic, Saturn, Escort and Tercel we also tested. My wife drove daily over 100 miles into the CA desert with no problems. Last year the paint began peeling from the roof and truck, looks bad but Dodge says not warranted. I change the oil every 3K and trans fluid every 50K and had my first problem this year at 125K miles, a leaky sending unit for the oil (~$50 I think) and needed a new lower engine mount. Honestly, I am ready for something different; it looks rough, but the car just keeps going. Have heard reports of head gasket probs; Mexican builts and DOHCs?

Great stereo for a small car, acceleration and handling in a 30 mpg econo car. Reliabiltiy.

Paint that sticks to the car and headlight lenses that stay clear for at least a decade . . . please.

Good car
By jason21210

1995 Dodge Neon Highline 2dr Coupe

I think this car is a wonderful car if
you are looking for something that is
compact and good on fuel.

Shape of the car

Needs to be able to go a little faster.