Used 2010 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

This has been a great car for me.
By April

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have almost 200,000 miles on my Avenger and have had very few repairs.

Solid and Reliable.Love the simplicity of this car
By Jon

2010 Dodge Avenger Express 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's not Japanese or European so naturally Edmunds didn't like the Avenger. I have enjoyed the ride, simplicity and overall reliability of this car. I have 180,000 miles on my car and not a days problem with it. I travel 120 miles a day and it is solid as a rock with no rattles. The sound system is amazing and the uconnect is awesome. To me this was Chryslers hidden gem that was overlooked because of the problems with the early stratus and Sebring models from the late 90s and early 2000s. I have the 2.4 4 cylinder which is a good engine. Not a power horse but adequate. This car has been a good value and one of my favorite cars I have owned.

Long time loyal dodge customer... nothing good about this dodge
By cloud23465

2010 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to begin. Already had to replace 2 window regulators on the front of this car with very little use. I baby this car and it is well taken care of for a 4 1/2 year old car. Dealer ship screwed me on $450 for the passenger window regulator that failed in about 3 years of ownership. Now a year later the drivers side is out. I will try to replace it myself but, once done I will not use the windows anymore. I am and the family has own and sworn by Chrysler since the 70's. We've own 71' Barracuda, Satellite 72', A Ram charger, Dodge Daytona, Chrysler Sirius and Concord, Ram vans and Trucks and a first series dodge avenger (1996) so, I am not just some fence jumper

Heated seats, Power mirrors, EVIC, Rear view mirror with the tenting to keep headlights from blinding you, Fold down seats and the Mygig sound system. Fuel mileage is ok.

Very poor Interior design as far as trim goes and this is there high end model (R/T) Very poor, very cheap and crappy Window regulators. Engine performance changes with hot or cold weather. If it over 85 outside cars shift changes from 35 to 40 in third and overdrive goes from 40 to wont kick in till 60mph which kills your fuel mileage. When it's cold overdrive will not kick in till the car is around mid-temp on the gauge. I will probably not get a Challenger like I planned and probably switch and get a Toyota Camry. Sad to say but I have no confidence in Dodge anymore

2.4l l4 sxt
By fletchums

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well, for starters, i have an '09 rio lx and an '04 explorer eddie bauer ed....compared to those vehicles, i would'nt hate...i love my avenger, its a good reliable vehicle. i understand that its transmission is out of date and the engine is low powered but for the price i got it and the reason i picked it, its great...its one of those cars where you like it for the ride and not the power, like someone said already, if you wanted something fast you wouldn't have looked a 4 banger...the vehicle is a one of a kind beast, i have had no problems with the A/C or the brake lights, i did though buy it after it came out by 2 years, all i can say is it was worth the money i spent on it.

a/c, power windows, cooler, ride, comfort, looks, mileage, etc....pretty much everything

if you get the money or the time, change the transmission to an up to dated version

Beyond disapponited
By broc212

4 speed transmission in a 2010 vehicle
Not very good gas mileage for a 4 cylinder engine
Shifts rough
Not very comfortable or roomy
Very underpowered motor