Used 2013 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (69 reviews )

Awesome performance of my 2013 Chevy Volt
By Frank Jusino

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I purchased my Volt in January 2016 and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The price was just right and the performance has been very good. It's not to say it has had its issues which were very minute and has been covered under the GM warranty. My car is the basic and did not have the rearview camera and navigation which I was kind of disappointed about . The navigation is great with the Onstar feature and sometimes is better than my Android even though I have to pay extra for it. I also like that it has a feature in case of emergencies and any other situation I may have. Any time I have had to use my Onstar feature the reps have been very cordial and helpful in every way possible. My rearview camera featureI obtained by getting a new mirror with the rearview feature enclosed and it works fine. I also do not use the car like others. My main goal is to increase my gas mileage and save my battery so I use the gas feature first and them switch to electric once I reach at least 10-20 mile to my destination. I do have a heavy foot so I do not get as much as other people but that said I still get between 32 to 45 miles per gallon combined. The performance has been great and I have had no major issues. The only thing I had to change were the tires and that was about 3500 miles ago. If I could I would purchase the new Volt with the better mileage and technology package. Love my Volt.

High Voltage
By HawaiianTime

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The Volt has the best of both worlds. Full EV up to 45 miles then switches over to gas for longer range up to 300 miles total.

Great at what it was built for
By Pablo

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I purchased a 2013 Volt new in May, 2013, and only wish I'd have waited for a few months because the price dropped by $5,000. I have driven the vehicle for over 165,000 miles and have had only 2 issues; one of which was repaired under GM Recall, the other was covered by GM Warranty. I drive 120 miles round trip for work, so in the summer, roughly 1/2 of my commute is on battery power. The lifetime average for the car is currently at 56.7 mpg, and will increase over the summer months, as the heater uses more of the electric range during the winter. The ride is great and the only thing my spoiled kids complain about is the lack of a DVD entertainment system, and no heated rear seats. The car has driven fine in the Colorado winters I've had to deal with for the past 4 years, a lot of which is because of the tires chosen. I went away from the factory tires within a week of buying the car, because they were NOT good and I didn't feel safe while driving in rain with them, and certainly would have been worse in snow! Our Volt has been awesome and after reading about people with in excess of 200,000 miles, I have no worries about the dependability and longevity of the vehicle.

Excellent in rear view
By Alan Gilreath

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Great car. I would have been happy with 1/2 of the great success of this vehicle. It has proven to be a great car in dependability, reliability, efficiency and service. Great value overall even when the upfront cost seemed steep.

Amazing technology in a small package
By Derek C.

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The 2013 Chevy Volt is a small car with a big package! The interior is well made with many features. The drivetrain is the best in it's class (PHEV). It's the only PHEV that can use full acceleration without the gas engine coming on until the battery is used up (avg 40 miles). Battery range is less in cold weather. Driving it is still enjoyable after 5 years of ownership and 70K miles. This is the most flexible EV on the road - 30-40 miles of all-electric range with a fully capable gas backup for unlimited travel without waiting for a charge - just fill up with gas in 3 minutes like everybody else and keep on driving!