Used 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2011 Tahoe LTZ
By Mike

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Good reliable vehicle for several passengers. Safe and secure. Fuel mileage not great.

Beautiful car with underlying defect
By Amy

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my car with 55,000 miles on it and a cracked dash. After being told by the dealer that "those trucks get cracks on their dashes all the time," I decided to do some research. $650 for a new dash in Texas. Local dealership was willing to replace at no cost, even though my truck was out of its warranty period. However, there are thousands of owners who have not been as lucky. There is an entire Facebook page and class action lawsuit in place due to GM'a unwillingness to acknowledge the defect in the 07-13 dashes. The cracks always present behind the instrument panel and in the upper left hand side of the airbag compartment. This will be my last Tahoe until GM does the right thing and recalls these dashes.

Great vehicle
By rgomes

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I drove this vehicle for a little less then a year.
I bought it with 26k miles and traded it in with 60k.
I couldn't have been happier with the truck.
It got reasonable gas mileage for its size and was very reliable.
I never had a single issue with it.
The stock tires were still good when I traded it in and probably had another 10k miles left.
I towed a 5k lb boat/trailer with ease. Buy one!!

First Tahoe - Honest thoughts...
By jeffmward

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford guy growing up. I owned three total fullsize pickups and SUVs over the past 20 years. All three left me on the side of the road. Then I had three different small-midsize European cars (Volvo, Mercedes, Audi). I liked each of them but I was ready to get back into a taller vehicle and I needed something to tow my Jeep & trailer.

I bought the Tahoe new in last August. I am completely satisfied with it. I get a combined hwy/city 19-20 MPG on average. Not too bad for such a large vehicle.

I was able to get in on a deal with $6k cash back total incentives. My purchase price less TT&L was $32,500. Sure it's an LS but it still has terrific bells and whistles for a base model!

I'm a fan of the fuel economy considering the weight, horsepower, and competition. The Bluetooth is really handy and I use this all the time. The iPod usb interface in the center console is genius. The darn thing is super comfortable. The interior and exterior quality seem to be very high. Has plenty of giddy-up when you need it and tows very well. Oil changes and tire rotations are $40 or less at the dealership! This is very nice coming from a European import.

The base model stereo speakers sound a little weak. No biggie cause I'm not a teenager any more. It would be nice to have HomeLink (garage door opener) with the base model. Nothing else I can think of... Great vehicle... very happy!

Best Tahoe ever!
By frankm58

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After a short test drive we were sold! so we sold our 2005 Tahoe (older body style) for a new one, after owning our older one for 6 years with no problems, we (Wife and myself) decided it was time for a new one since our 2005 was so reliable.
We noticed how much quieter and smoother the ride was one the 2011 and noticeable 45 hp increase for better towing.
Although the 2011 offers only 3 MPG HWY better we still got our money's worth and filling the empty space in our garage with a small SUV compared to a full size Tahoe with all its features was well worth the sacrifice especially since we drive it locally anyway.

In this price range, there is nothing compared
to the Tahoe!

Quiet ride and interior along with the increase HP increase. The LS model is the way to go if you don't want the convenience package of the TTZ, but we would rarely need the rear camera and GPS, etc, we were selective and just added the features we use most. The Tahoe has the best styling of all the SUV's in it's class and timeless body style.

Nothing! We went with the 22" chrome wheels for individual styling, that's about it.