Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tahoe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best Car ever

Russ Blondek, 04/27/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love this thing. When I tow my 6,500 pound trailer you can barley feel it. The ride is smooth while I have the Z71 Package. It tackles mountains like nothing, and its done marvels when waterfording. I couldnt imagine not driving anything else. The Cargo space is huge, and the cabin is insanley roomy. The handling feels european and is incredible for such a large SUV. Bumps and potholes are barley felt. I was going home one night and a deer jumped in front of my headlights. I did hit him, but alls I felt was a light thud.(The deer survived. Hes at a sancuary now). The car is remarkably safe and the electronic stability control ahs saved my life more then once. Do not hesitate buying this!!!

Saved my Dad's life

pb4128, 12/25/2014
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am the car guy in the family. I have always been a fan of Chevy trucks, and I talked my Dad into buying his 2010 Tahoe in August of 2010. He planned on keeping it until the wheels fell off; little did we know that it would meet an early death, but it truly saved his life. Last year, just before Christmas, another driver lost control of their vehicle and came flying across multiple lanes of traffic on the highway and t-boned the driver's side of my Dad's Tahoe while he was driving 60 mph. I lowered the suspension 3 inches when he bought it, so that probably contributed to it not flipping. Every airbag deployed, yet the damage was just moderate. No other vehicle could have performed as well.

Great New Tahoe Z71

Mike, 07/09/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We live on NH seacoast and hope to appreciate 4wd, high ground clearance, and remote start for our winters and even some fun for a little light off road. From purchase to the first few weeks of ownership the experience has been great. Power, quality, comfort and room we wanted. Smooth ride and crisp handling. Quiet cabin environment and nice Bose sound. Full option set to compete with any player in the class.Interior and exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Plenty of room for groceries, our bikes and trips to Home Depot and comfort for friends and family touring. Has cruising range and long term comfort for longer trips and V8 highway power when needed.

Hard Seats

Martine, 08/15/2010
LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love everything about the Tahoe, except the seats. I am really disappointed with the quality. The seats are flat and hard. I regret our purchase. I don't know how I overlooked this in the "15 minute" test drive. We downsized from a suburban to a Tahoe. I really thought the lack of cargo space would be the problem, but have adjusted. We have plenty of room with third row seats folded up. Still have the option of removing them for even more space. We bought our Tahoe one day and left the next morning for a 12 hour road trip. Arrived at our destination with back and leg pain. This was a yearly road trip we've taken for last 20 yrs. Sadly, it was the most uncomfortable trip ever.

Outstanding Vehicle

snoopy, 10/23/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Taloe. My first was an 07 Tahoe which I traded on an 08 Silverado. Now I traded the Silverado on this 2010 Tahoe and I love it. Before the 07 Tahoe I had an 05 Toyota Sequoia which was junk. I will never again buy a Toyota as their reliability is BS in my book. Had my 07 Tahoe been Summit White I would never have traded it but the Silverado I traded it on ws white. Now my new 2010 Tahoe is Summit White with the Beige interior and it will be a keeper. The reason I prefer white is when sitting in the hot sun the a white car remains cooler than a dark car. Anyway I love everything about this Tahoe and especially the power folding outside mirrors.

love it!

bwilly, 01/20/2010
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2010 Tahoe and couldn't be more pleased. I was originally looking at the expedition but after driving one, was not impressed at all. The tahoe feels more solid and well built, both in and out. The ride is better as well. I particularly enjoy the little electronic additions this truck brings, bluetooth phone link. touchscreen nav, and usb port with full access to the ipod menu architecture. My one complaint is the lack of fold away rear seats. Having to remove seats to haul extra stuff is an inconvenience, but one I will surely get used to quickly. I am overall very pleased with my purchase. Can't rate reliability yet.... In 100 miles of my average driving, am getting 15 mp

Love and hate

danmar, 09/28/2010
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LTZ 4WD. My '07 has some interior flaws (e.g peeling, rattles, loose fits)that has been addressed in the 2010 model. Powertrain is ample and satisfying and reliable as always. Ride is smooth and quite that seems to feel too soft and disconnected to the road at times, then again this is not a sports car. I'm not sure what to think about the third row seat-I like it because it can be removed (it's heavy) and give you more cargo space and maybe save a little on gas for not hauling those extra weight if you don't need them-but they are heavy and awkward-fold flat is much nicer to look at.

J.D. Powers Quality Awards Commercial

JMV51, 06/25/2017
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Own 2010 Tahoe LT, great truck! Feel extremely safe in it while driving. But all cars are not perfect and neither is this one. About the third and/or the fourth year of ownership the trim details began to show faulty, specifically the side body moldings and the dashboard. Side body moldings began to separate severely from the body on the front passenger side door as well as on the other doors at certain areas on the trim. On the dash, cracks have developed over the driver instrumentation panel as well as an area over the passenger side airbag area. Service managers have told me that they know of these problems, but Chevy hasn't given any directives to correct them. My extended warranty doesn't cover these "defects" because they're considered "trim" which isn't covered! The J.D. Powers commercial on quality doesn't mention how far back that study goes other than those presented in the 30-second ad. I've made temporary repairs on the moldings but can't do anything about the dash. That's the only stuff that's disappointing about owning my Tahoe, quality is not spent on Trim!

Love my Tahoe

Parveen, 08/19/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Owned an 06 v6 sport 4runner. What junk! Owned a Honda pilot. Could count every piece of plastic from its noise due to road bumps. First time bought a domestic brand. And I am very happy with it. Have driven about 6 times between Chicago and Virginia with in 6 months and (call me crazy) but nothing comes close to it in terms of comfort. 20" wheels and smooth suspension hardly let me feel any bump. I have 8500 miles in 5 months. I enjoy driving it so much. Smooth engine and very less road noise. Has awesome features. Gives me advertised mileage which Toyota and Honda always fell short of doing.

2010 Tahoe

sctrooper, 01/31/2011
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.

51050